• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stroker kit or lovefab turbo

Hi guy! Right now I had a SOS supercharger on my 04 nsx. It pushing at 383whp. But I want more power, can you guy give some idea on getting more power. I don't know if I should stoker the engine to 3.5l or take the supercharger out and go with lovefab? I don't know what better way to go. I know that the supercharged will give me the smooth e
Power band but only give me max at 500whp. But lovefab I can go 600whp or more. I never owne a turbo car before, so please give me some ideal
Thanks

Turbo = Higher maintenance.
Supercharger = lower maintenance, less efficient (parasitic loss etc..)

In both cases, you need to rip out the engine and rebuild it. Start with someone that knows NSX engines (such as Shad @ DA, Mike/Autowave, SOS etc..) and then go from there.

Give them your budget and power targets, and they'll tell you what can be done. It's really all about $$$ - if you want a 1000RWHP NSX, it's been done before, just cost $$$.

Regardless of which you go, if you do 500RWHP+ and more than just dyno queen, I gauarantee you'll blow it at least once.

380RWPH is pretty darn fast as it is......

Turbo = Higher maintenance.
Supercharger = lower maintenance, less efficient (parasitic loss etc..)

In both cases, you need to rip out the engine and rebuild it.

I've been running a turbo for over 3 years now (installed early 2006) and haven't had to touch a thing. There are lots and lots of guys here on Prime that are turbo charged on stock engines also - driving daily, road racing, etc. with zero problems.

I think the higher quality of kits that are available now vs. 3 - 4+ years ago has caused a huge increase in reliability and way less maintenance than back then.

My .02

Thank you for your information. My limitist is 25to30 grand I know either way I will have to rebuild the engine. And the car will be street use and track sometime. I just don't know which way will be better for me
Thanks

$30k ???? My guess is that your inbox is filling up pretty quickly.

Since you already have the SOS supercharger kit installed, I would recommend rebuilding the engine and see if a smaller diameter pulley can be used with the existing supercharger you are using. Not sure if you are using the intercooler, but that may help too. Even if you go with a turbo, your limitation is still the engine so you will still need to rebuild the engine to hit 500 rwhp. Either way, good luck.

Last edited:
Fully rebuild engine with supercharger campare to fully rebuild engine with lovefab. 500whp supercharger with smooth power and lovefab 600whp with lag or delay power at low end. How are they different campare to each other?one less power but smooth from low to high and one with power but but lag of time.
Thanks guy

Yes, the compound turbo kit seems to be a great idea. I've followed it with Boost Logic on the Supra and seems to be the next big thing once everything gets sorted out.

With the money you're willing to spend you should be able to build your motor and get the new lovefab kit.

hi Sky --

We can build a stroked engine to be used with your supercharger. Aftercooled, it will achieve 500 wheel hp. If you're looking for lots more, the turbocharger route should be considered. However, even with very fast spooling turbochargers, I think you'll miss the instant power delivery from a screw supercharger like what you have now.

Cheers,
-- Chris

IMO if you are not going over the "accepted" 400 HP threshhold then Turbo/Super charger options with modern fuel management are acceptable.
If you go over then buy a car designed for it. IE Porsche Turbos Etc. Good for 700HP before internal work.

However if you have the need, and the cash, to go over 400HP on the NSX; do it.
I envy you. :cool:

Have you decided which way to go ?
In case you go turbo,I'd be interested in buying your SoS supercharger.

Pretty nice indeed. When I grow up I want a 3.5L engine too!:biggrin: How does the 6 speed manual transmission hold up to that amount of power/torque? I have always heard people saying to stick with the 5 speed because they are believed to be stronger.

Pretty nice indeed. When I grow up I want a 3.5L engine too!:biggrin: How does the 6 speed manual transmission hold up to that amount of power/torque? I have always heard people saying to stick with the 5 speed because they are believed to be stronger.

I would agree that a 5 speed for track use, seams to hold up a little better. But we have both a 5 speed and 6 speed that we run in the race car with 650 rwhp. I would make sure to stick with the stock 4.06 Ring and pinion. Cheers, Shad

I know, I know, (holding Hand up high) This is easy.

Shad said bring the car in with a wheelbarrow full of money :smile:

Than this other Guy builds a stroker 3.5L, and another Guy puts a 5 speed together with an OS Giken, Than this last Guy makes pretty parts and tubes to connect everything.

Oh and have Shad get this other Guy to upgrade your brakes, your going to need them :tongue:

Driving a few and have mine to finish.

It's money so if you like the car than fine but not but the new Vett.

One street/weekend track day car. Drove it on the track than street for a few days. Shad at DA put the car together looks factory, but IC up front with a factory Ford? IC water tank, lovefab turbo, 3.5L, 6-speed W/ OS locker.
Track 650+ but we turned it down at the track to 550+HP for traction.

Street cars were nothing, didn't even down shift, instant response, but watch for wheel spin at 70 MPH+

Track car, caged, seats, lightened, fast, big brakes, custom turbo, 3.5L, faster than my driving abilities, but hold the line and you will fly. HP I don't care plenty to spin any track tire.

Twin turbo Shad built just way to fast and only a 3.2L but Damn :eek:

I just with I could fit in Kips car. It's all set for him and I'm 6'4" so........Shad lower the seats like the white car.........Please :tongue:

Love all of them, how fast is up to you, If you want a 3.5L have Shads crew put it together. He has the right crank than uses a larger Chevy bearing so you can get over sized bearings. Tell him you want 750+ HP he can do it but at a point you can't drive the car STRAIT.........remember to check your ego at the drivers door.

Still have the Rx W/ an LS ready to put in :cool:

Back