• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Strutwise is the best option

My '96 has had weak trunk struts for quite sometime and I had been looking into repairing this situation. As I parked on my inclined driveway there were days when I had a 50/50 chance that the trunk would stay up when opened. I have the stock spoiler on my car so I know that this is a problem with wear not with added weight. Keeping the lid up with my head got old real fast.
I have watched the debates on Prime on replacing the struts with ones found by a member that he found off the parts shelf or others from SOS that weren't oem either. As much as I like SOS, the size of their shafts were smaller than they were originally and I am not sure if this is acceptable.
Then I remembered Strutwise.... I searched Prime for Frank's info and then I contacted him. I was pleased to phone him and I asked him about his service. He told me about his work and after our conversation I wondered why wold anyone chose to go aftermarket when they could have the correct struts rebuilt and work just like or better than new. His turn around time was 2 days for me. I was able to drop them off and pick them up on my trip to Vancouver BC. No need to cut my wiring clip for the trunk spoiler light and re-attach it with tie wraps or worry about the strut mount not having the correct offset. As Frank is a 1 man show I was pleased to know he was going to be doing the work. I also knew that he would be the one to back up the guarantee. Frank was able to cut me a great deal on the cost too, as I am currently between jobs. For this alone I could judge his character.

If you are looking to fix that nagging problem of sagging deck lids or engine hatches I wouldn't hesitate to contact Strutwise first. After that, everything else will look like a second thought.
I don't often write reports here on Prime but I felt the need to let everyone know what a great job Frank did for me and I am sure he would do the same for you. You can contact Frank Irvine at [email protected] or his website www.strutwise.com He also has a toll free phone number at 1-888-589-1208 CAN/USA How much easier can it be????

If, after all this you are still unsure, email me and I will answer any questions you might have.

Best wishes,
Gene Greer
[email protected]

Absolutely, Frank is 100%! I use his service on a regular basis and he is a class act!

Me too. Fast turn around, they work like new and I keep my OEM look.

I am sending him a set from my boat to do next.

Peter

A little late for the party but I had all 4 '91 original struts redone earlier this year by Frank @ Strutwise (Surrey, BC) and now they work perfectly. He even helped me mount them back on. Well-priced and swiftly done. Two thumbs up!

Back