• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stupid F!@$ING STREET RACERS!

A fellow local NSX'er got pulled over by Sheriff while swerving in and out of lanes in his Yellow '02 a while back. The deputy apologized (??!!!) for pulling him over and issued a citation AND a discount voucher to Irwindale speedway!
tongue.gif

Pretty weird isn't it? But it makes perfect sense if you really think about it. The law enforcement commnity figured if they promote drag racing or any type of racing OFF public streets, they can minimize casualties. It only works if only they can get these kids to listen, as most of these idiots seldom do.

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 28 June 2002).]

just recently a guy in New Orleans was racing his nissan Xtera and lost handling when braking and flipped it, killing two passengers, and 3 people on the side of the road watching. i'm beggining to see more and more people racing SUV's, and it's STUPID. the higher a ride is, the higher the risk of losing the handing.

------------------
Paul~
[email protected]

Many communities have seen fit to provide "midnight basketball" and such activvities to keep kids off the street.

I think it would be money well spent to come up with some sort of community supported free & legal midnight drag racing venue, because they are not going to stop doing it, and they need a safe place.

Good call 'NSXTC'.
I was out with some friends the other night and went to watch some street racing. They were doing it on a dead end road well off the public highway. Very late at night. Racing away from the crowd of people watching (myself included). I was tired and decided to leave when the police came down and blocked us all in. Nobody got tickets but they did check everyone's ID to see if any underage people were there. We have a law here. A couple of folks got arrested for warrants I assume. We were told to leave and not come back or we would be arrested for breaking a federal law. Even if we are watching. The cop said it would be considered a moving violation and would be ticketed for it.
I have a perfect record and affordable insurance so I won't be going out there anymore. The cops know they can't stop it but are trying to work with us to find somewhere safe to do it.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Back