• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sub woofer install on an EPS "Power Stearing" car

I bought a Used SOS Stage 2 stereo system from another prime member.

Installing the sub I need to remove the Oem sub mounting brackets. What about the EPS?
It would appear this is also in the way.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Later,
Don

Though I sold my Monte Carlo Blue CTSC (like an idiot), I came up with a great solution that Acura of Lynnwood implemented in fine fashion on my car. I had them mount the EPS 'brain' underneath the glovebox (it had previously been mounted in the glovebox). They ran bolts up into the floor of the glovebox (the heads were flush to the bottom of the box so I presume they counter-sunk them) : so I had the SOS subwoofer, an opened up glovebox (which almost fits the factory owner's manual) and enough room for my wheel lock key & a tire pressure gauge. It worked very well on my '97 (small glovebox d/t passenger side airbag). You may want to consider this option

I'm installing the same thing and was going to ask about alternate location to mount but you just answered that. Also what about the tabs on the floor board that bolted the OEM sub. According to the instructions I have to remove these. Since they are spot welded I would need to cut them and make it hard to bring back to OEM if i ever decided to sell it. any way around this.

I have not seen the instructions. I removed the OEM SUB mounting tabs with channel locks . Peal them off.
I also removed the eps mount points except the top one. It seemed like these were also preventing the sub from being flush with the floor.
I used a screw driver and pealed them off. Took only a few min to remove all of them.

I bolted the EPS to the bottom of the glove box. I reused the Sub woofer mounting bolts for this.

Later,
Don

Is the carpet supposed to fit over the new sub enclosure without cutting it. I have been trying to make it fit for the last hour with no luck. All tabs are removed on the floor board and the sub enclosure seems to be in it's place.

There is a SRS wire in a plastic guide on the left side near the trani tunnel that I need to cut. I also put some dynomat on the floor so it won't vibrate.
I really had to give it a shove to get the sub to go all the way back. I used my feet.
I floped the carpet over the sub. I don't think I'll need to cut the carpet.

I'm not done yet...

Later,
Don

I know the plastic clip your talking about and I didn't remove it. I'll take it out tomorrow and re try.

I had to give it a good shove and it scrunched in about another inch.
I used my feet and pushed on the side of the sub gently.

I don't have a copy of the install instructions. Maybe I am missing something?

I should receive my center console and the instructions tomorrow. :)
I’m replacing the Deck. I am looking for a Nav deck.
I have look on line a bit but it is hard to tell what is good and what is not. I noticed some of the models on the manufactures site are daren’t than say Crutchfield's.

Mirrirlink seem cool but My phone isn’t supported yet. I have a Samsung note 2
I really don’t need dvd as I’m not going to be watching a movie in the NSX. multizone… what back seat.
Backup camera would be nice considering the roll bar.

I have a Pioneer Avic-700 with nav. Also have back up camera installed were the keyhole for the trunk was. Can't even tell it's there. Very happy with the set up.

Did you finish your stereo instal? Were did you end up putting the EPS. If it's anywere else then the glove box I would love to see some pictures.

I really recommend against curating the SRS wires.

I put the EPS under the glove box. I drilled some holes into the bottom of the glove box and bolted the eps to it.
It was a tight squeeze.

I ended up getting a Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH.

The systems sounds good. Very pleased. The sub really has some punch!

I bought a cheep backup camera from Frys. They don't stock the Pioneer.
I mounted it on my roll bar inside the car. Not very good.

I made a special braket to put it in the same place as you then realized that also were the module for the keyless entry goes. Were did you relocate it to.

Back