• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Subwoofers and Carpet

OK, I now am the proud owner of a new, custom sub box with an 8" Kicker Comp in there. It's the usual one that replaces the stock sub in the passenger footwell and is roughly the same size. They did a nice job on it and I'm about to hook it up/install this weekend...

2 questions for those who have them:

1. How has everyone installed them, i.e., how have you held it down in the car? Screws? Glue? Straps? Bungee cords?

2. What have you done with the stock carpeting that, if left to it's own devices, flaps up and in front of the forward-firing sub? Just leave it there on top of it? Trim it? Tuck it underneath and cram the sub in the same spot but on top of the stock carpet?

Thanks for any comments that might help!

Don

Congratulations on your new set-up.
I'm not sure how snug your new box is, but since mine is exact mould of the footwell space, no fixing is required - it's wedged in there pretty good, no danger of it flying around!
I trimmed the carpet flush with the bottom of the box. I expect to receive my custom mats from Hrant today or tomorrow - he was extremely helpful in making custom fit-mat for passenger side based on my supplied pattern.
I'll post pics after I receive & install them.

D'Ecosse, thanks! Mine is a pretty good, but I wouldn't call it a perfect fit. I'm not entirely happy with the fit actually, as I had expected it to be a very snug, tight fit in there. Nor did the guy answer any of my emails after the sale. But, the quality of construction seems to be very high and done right.

I'll play with it I guess and hopefully can wedge it in there. I'm thinking maybe some industrial velcro along the bottom and a strap or two on top, it shouldn't take much, just wanted to hear how others have done it. So little room to work with in these cars!

Thanks again!
Don

Back