• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Suddenly getting ads in the middle of Prime pages

Suddenly getting ads in the middle of Prime pages...
Anyone know why? ... or how to stop them?
H-

Glad I'm not the only one.....this just started last week same pc no changes to security settings...

Use Tapatalk on mobile. Not that many ads. Haven’t been using the desktop version regularly for a while.

When I went to check this thread now there were six ads on it.
Lud! Do something!
H-

For me, the problem of ads appearing between users posts has only occurred in a few threads out of the dozens and dozens of threads I've been in lately.
This particular thread has no ads for me. On a computer using Google Chrome.

One option to avoid these Ads and continue to use your current browser is to use the "Default Mobile Style". The look is admittedly different, but you won't be bombarded by the Ads.

The ads are not just plentiful, but HUGE. The ads in the header and footer are annoying, but I can live with them if need be. The MASSIVE ads between every post are just obnoxious.

I value this community and want to support keeping the lights on, but I have to wonder if this is really what is required.

Screenshot is typical of what I see on desktop based Safari.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 4.31.34 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 4.31.34 PM.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 187
For the record I'm on a MacBook Pro using Firefox.
H-

Note: No ads using Chrome, just as many using Safari.

Last edited:
For the record I'm on a MacBook Pro using Firefox.
H-

Note: No ads using Chrome, just as many using Safari.

On firefox, install uBlockOrigin, enable all of the filter lists. You can also right click anything on the page and add it to a block list. Enjoy never seeing ads anywhere again.

On firefox, install uBlockOrigin, enable all of the filter lists. You can also right click anything on the page and add it to a block list. Enjoy never seeing ads anywhere again.

Will give it a shot.
Thnx
H-

Installed it.... it really works!
Thank you!
H

Last edited:
You're welcome. Sad to see so many people here that donate to the site have to deal with this nonsense. You'd think if you're paying then you wouldn't see the extra ads.

Had to remove uBlockOrigin...
Whole internet ran W A Y T O O S L O W L Y with it.
But it was a nice try.
H-

Last edited:
The ads reflect what people are searching in google but only for some part. So quite funny to see 'L'oréal' or 'poems for women'. :)

You're welcome. Sad to see so many people here that donate to the site have to deal with this nonsense. You'd think if you're paying then you wouldn't see the extra ads.

Sorry to hear that. NSXPrime has been killing my machine lately.

If paying Prime won't help, buying more hardware will!!!

:biggrin::rolleyes::redface::frown::mad::confused:

Had to remove uBlockOrigin...
Whole internet ran W A Y T O O S L O W L Y with it.
But it was a nice try.
H-
The add-on shouldn't affect anything, sound like there is another issue going on.
Sorry to hear that. NSXPrime has been killing my machine lately.

If paying Prime won't help, buying more hardware will!!!

:biggrin::rolleyes::redface::frown::mad::confused:
Again, this site shouldn't be causing any issues.

Perhaps it is something inline, because the owners don't offer a secure connection. I noticed that there were issues with logging into the site a few weeks back.

Any update on this?

Wasn't happening for me back in February, but looks like ad-blocker in Chrome is not able to combat it anymore.

Back