• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Suggestions needed for paintjob on racebike

Hi

I will have to repaint my newly bought racebike since it is a little worn and I want to remove the ads on it. I will also repaint the second set at the same time.

My first thought was to strip it down and just paint it basic black with the white areas for the numbers. But then I thought maybe I could make it a little more interesting.

I will use black as the base color since the frame is black and the plastic is black on the inside.

Now I would like suggestions from you guys. Have you seen any painjobs on racebikes out there that looks cool and is doable without too much hassle?

TIA

Attachments

• P1010194.JPG
    P1010194.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 81
  • P1010192.JPG
    P1010192.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 72
  • P1010196.JPG
    P1010196.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 55
pic...

Attachments

• martinracing.jpg
    martinracing.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 88
Nice one Major. I like it, looks alot like the Honda-Repsol(in my avatar) race bikes.

Hi

Thanks Major. A bit too complex. And ofcourse I have a Suzuki and not a Repsol Honda :)

I was all over the place last night and found that 2004 Suzuki Moto GP was pretty easy to do.

I will probably only do (light) blue on top and white on the bottom. The fancy stuff I will probably not do since I "plan" to fall and I do not want to spend that much on the paintjob and then doing it again.

Regards

Attachments

• GSRVL[1].jpg
    GSRVL[1].jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 59
Hi

The paintjob is done. Now I need Suzuki stickers for the tank and a GSX-R sticker and I am ready for the track.

The colour looks pretty good. I hope I stay on the wheels on the track.

I will add numbers on the front and back when I know what number I get.

Regards

Attachments

• Kopi (2) av 26042006.jpg
    Kopi (2) av 26042006.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 77
Arata said:
Sato Rear sets?

Yes and with some other goodies too.

WP front and rear. Also a gas filled WP steering damper. Powercommander with quickshift too. Micron full exhaust. Just 4 weeks until the first track event. Will be a blast.

Regards

NSXLuvr said:
Looks good. Sure would make for a fun track day.

Hi

I would think so. I will compete in 4 races too..I just hope I do not end up in the kitty litter :biggrin:

And Neo there are no blonds to take care of me if I end up on the podium or in the kitty litter. No blond umbrella girl. :frown:

Regards

Hi

A update from me. I have been really busy with all this racebike stuff lately. I have also moved home to my dad because my apartment needed a "tune up"..long story. So I have been out of the loop for a while. No internetaccess other than at work.

I have participated in two races with my racebike. Scary stuff. I went into the kitty litter once doing about 170 km/h and had to spend one night in the hospital with a concusion.

I pulled it together and performed pretty well in the races.

Here is the results:

Saturday: http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=351384

Sunday: http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=352577

As you can see I got 7'enth both days. I do not have the body for this, so I was pretty amazed that I did as good as that. My goal was among the ten best but that was before I went off the track. I need to get more fit during winter to be able to last one whole race. I could have done better if I was fit.

I guess those late night burgers came back to haunt me.

Next week I am off again for two more races. The competition will be a lot harder on the next ones.

Regards

Back