• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Suggestions on 18/19 for my 2002

Here are the specs for the CE28N, 18*7.5 w/+43 front and 19*9.5 w/+36 rear offset. If this is ideal, what tire size can I use? Any future concern I should know as far as lowering, alignment or the car's traction control? Thanks, Randy.

215-35-18 and 265 or 275-30-19

With 18/19, your car will look bad with oem springs/shocks Eibachs would be a shallow but good looking drop, and better for tire wear. H&R will be very low, and a true coilover set-up can go even lower.

Bilsteins with oem springs on the lower perch is another choice.

If you decide to go with aftermarket springs, I reccomend doing the bilsteins or Konis as well at the same time. Once your suspension is installed, get an alignment done.

If you have not found a source for the Volks, I can get them for you.
http://www.racingparaphenalia.com/NSXvolkCE28Npage1.html

As well as the suspension parts.
http://www.racingparaphenalia.com/NSXsuspensionpage.html

Hi Randy,

I'm sure you seen this http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65216

If you only do the springs than you should stay with 215 for the front, because it might rub. If you go with 225 in the front, than you will be better off with full coilover set up to get the desire height and firmness with out rubbing.

Good luck

Please consider this wheel:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Prodrive/
GC-010E.

Forged monoblock, lightweight for a 18/19 set up - and we can do a special offset to allow big brake clearance. They look killer too.

thanks,
-- Chris

gc010e.jpg

awsomr1 said:
Hi Randy,

I'm sure you seen this http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65216

If you only do the springs than you should stay with 215 for the front, because it might rub. If you go with 225 in the front, than you will be better off with full coilover set up to get the desire height and firmness with out rubbing.

Good luck

I thought I bought these?:confused:

RP-Motorsports said:
215-35-18 and 265 or 275-30-19
I agree that those are the best 18"/19" tire sizes for the NSX. But I don't see any of the "max performance tires" (highest performance category for street tires) on the Tire Rack's website in those sizes. I know that the Toyo T1-R comes in those sizes, and that may be the best you can do, and you can also get "budget performance tires" ("ultra high performance tires") like the Kumho Ecsta SPT in those sizes. But it's too bad that you can't get the really best tires out there, like the Goodyear F1 GS-D3, Bridgestone Potenza S-03, Falken Azenis RT-615, etc in those sizes. (Unless I'm missing something...? :confused: )

225/35-18 has a much better contact patch which will improve braking and cornering ability. If the correct offsets are used, you should not experience any rubbing unless the car is significantly lowered. 225/35-18 is also a more common size.

Regards,
-- Chris

Some owners report rubbing with 225/35-18, which is significantly larger in diameter than any of the stock front sizes; some others don't. I haven't heard of anyone with rubbing problems with 215/35-18, which is also closer in diameter to the stock sizes. That's why I consider 215/35-18 to be preferable. It's just too bad there isn't a better selection of tires available in that size.

I've got 215/35/18 in the fronts and I'll rub the fender liner if I don't cut certain driveways. I've got a friend with 225's on his 18's and they rub alot.

When I had 225/35/18 up front, with stock suspension, it will only rub at full lock, and going over bumps too FAST. With Eibachs, they rub like crazy front and BACK, with NSX-R suspension, NO RUBBING:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

nsxtasy said:
I agree that those are the best 18"/19" tire sizes for the NSX. But I don't see any of the "max performance tires" (highest performance category for street tires) on the Tire Rack's website in those sizes. I know that the Toyo T1-R comes in those sizes, and that may be the best you can do, and you can also get "budget performance tires" ("ultra high performance tires") like the Kumho Ecsta SPT in those sizes. But it's too bad that you can't get the really best tires out there, like the Goodyear F1 GS-D3, Bridgestone Potenza S-03, Falken Azenis RT-615, etc in those sizes. (Unless I'm missing something...? :confused: )

Ken, I without any (Justifiable) reason hindsight bought a set of IForge 18,19 3 piece rims.this would have a happy ending other then the fact I sold my clean OEM rims with Yoko's to offset the cost. some offset:eek:

I have been able to find in stock and purchase from Tirerack Bridgestone Potenza S-03's in 225-35 18's YR fronts and 275-30-19 YR rears.
Now for the cost,the fronts cost wise are not that bad as I get 8k out of them,the rears are another story. I get 4500 to 5-k out of them.
Now at 587.00$ a pair for the rears about every oil change and and 430.00$ a pair fronts every 8K I can live with this on the fronts ,but the rears are killing me.:eek:
I am still running oem suspension and the car looks awkward to me with out lowering abit BUT even as she is set up I have a 15% up grade on my driveway and if I dont take it at a wide angle the fronts rub,good news is thats the only time the fronts rub.I am also very happy with the grip and performance of this rim tire combo.

What I really want to know is what would be a reasonable upgrade to drop her a tad so I dont look like I am going with my jeep buddys out to the rubicon challenge:biggrin: I like the Tein ra's alot but at this point I just want a decent suspension that will drop her to a nice looking yet functional ride .
any Idea's as to what you all would go with. anyway if you are considering going 18,19 give it more thought then I did and end up with a love hate thing with ma shoe's. if you post info please include cost and links if you have them. TIA

Your rubbing problems are only going to get worse if you lower the car further.

That's why 215/35-18 is a better front size. 225/35-18 often rubs because it is so much larger in diameter than the stock size front tires.

The treadlife on your tires seems shorter than with other folks using the same tires. Especially in the front. Maybe they're wearing from the rubbing.

Incidentally, Bridgestone is in the process of discontinuing the S-03...

WOW, you must drive very differently than me, I have 18/19 and my rear SO3s (I went thru 2 sets of rears) lasted 12k+ and just over 18K, your fronts do not last as long as my rears:eek: :eek: :eek:

Got to be the N2O:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Back