• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sunday Cars and Coffee at Fair Lakes?

Who's in?
I am up for it if there's interest.

I am planning to be out and about this weekend - Katies & Fair Lakes.

I am not sure I can make Katie's but I'll see. The chill in the air says it's almost time to put her up on jack stands and do some maintenance. It will be good to get her out on the road a few more times :smile:

Last minute Sunday Cruise Invite

Rusty, from the exotic car cruise in Virginia a couple of weeks ago, has invited all NSX drivers to a last minute cruise on Sunday the 14th. It's being organized by two other clubs. It starts at the McDonald's in Front Royal just off Route 66 at 9:30am. Turn left after exiting 66. The McDonald's is on the right. More info can be had from Rusty at [email protected] or 540-481-0013.

Re: Last minute Sunday Cruise Invite

Rusty, from the exotic car cruise in Virginia a couple of weeks ago, has invited all NSX drivers to a last minute cruise on Sunday the 14th. It's being organized by two other clubs. It starts at the McDonald's in Front Royal just off Route 66 at 9:30am. Turn left after exiting 66. The McDonald's is on the right. More info can be had from Rusty at [email protected] or 540-481-0013.
Saw that on their facebook, not sure if I will be able to make it out or not.

Incidentally, does anyone have an OBDII reader? I have that check engine light thing probably due to me not properly handling the gas cap, but it would ease my mind to know the code.

I am thinking I will pick up some OBDII reader as the price vs peace of mind ratio isn't that high. Anyone have one that they especially like? If so, are you going to be at any of the meets this weekend so that I could check it out?

Thanks!

Auto Zone or Advance Auto will let you use one for free to pull/reset codes.

I will not be around this weekend, going to pick up an addition to the stable and making the long drive home Sunday.

Another NSX???

Auto Zone or Advance Auto will let you use one for free to pull/reset codes.

I will not be around this weekend, going to pick up an addition to the stable and making the long drive home Sunday.

Big TEASE! Not going to share, huh?
Hope it's a good one, whatever it is.

I am going to try and make Katie's. Cars and Coffee on Sunday at Fair Lakes is getting shaky. Company coming at 11:00 and the leaves are getting knee deep in the driveway and the front walk. Maybe 8:30ish to 9:30ish and then fire up the leaf blower.

Missed Katie's: too cold and dark. Will get the yard work done today and do Fair Lakes on Sunday.

It was indeed very cold at Katie's this morning and I think that kept a few people away. The sun was pretty as it glittered off the frost on all the fancy lawns in Great Falls though. I also enjoyed talking to a guy with a Norwood twin turbo 1985 308 QV.

"Norwood twin turbo 1985 308 QV"

Great...now I have to Google this and find out what the heck you're talking about :)

OH! One of THOSE! Why didn't you say so?

Last edited:

As long as there is still room, I am thinking of heading out to this as well - weather is supposed to be clear and crisp for a nice drive.

As long as there is still room, I am thinking of heading out to this as well - weather is supposed to be clear and crisp for a nice drive.

Sounds like just what I need after a rough week...but no such luck. Enjoy the ride...and post some pictures pls.

Dave

Several animal-like Vipers left Cars and Coffee at Fair Lakes to join the Front Royal drive. The black one from the last Senandoah Valley run was there and among the others there was another that looked to be even more powerful!
Ram and I had a nice visit but there were only the two of us. No ther NSXers got to it.
The usual assortment of Vets to BMWs, Mercedes, etc...and a very well restored Sunbeam Tiger! Depending on your interests, there was lots of opportunity to appreciate foreign and domestic vehicles.

Was another fabulous run through some scenic and thrilling roadways. Joe's 1000hp viper had a running mate with the 1300hp twin turbo Lamborghini that showed up. The two put on a great show with flames shooting out the back of the Lamborghini. Good times!

Will post a few meager photos once I pull them off my camera

Long delayed photos from the ride.

Shot of the lovely blue 1300HP twin turbo lambo. I wish I had taken a shot of the interior, it is really amazing in blue/white
bluelambo.jpg

On our way out to the fun roads!
headingout.jpg

This was the view from my dash for most of the time
roadshot.jpg

There was a bit of a surprise as the road came to an end and turned to gravel (it used to be paved); fortunately no one was rear-ended although it was a close call
gravelroad.jpg

Quick shot at the end of the twisty bit before we got on the highway to head for some food. As you can see, there were a LOT of vipers that day
endofrun.jpg

<object width="1280" height="720"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="https://www.facebook.com/v/4681503033751"></param><embed src="https://www.facebook.com/v/4681503033751" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1" width="1280" height="720"></embed></object>
Flame shooting Lambo firing it up against the monster Viper.

Was another fabulous run through some scenic and thrilling roadways. Joe's 1000hp viper had a running mate with the 1300hp twin turbo Lamborghini that showed up. The two put on a great show with flames shooting out the back of the Lamborghini. Good times!

Will post a few meager photos once I pull them off my camera

You went for a run and didn't invite me?

Bryan

Back