• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"Super Autocross" Event at El Toro Marine Base - Survey

I am also free as of yet for the 24th (same with the 17th).

Let me know if you need any help with the design of the track layout.

-Billy (aka: Stuntman).

I am also free as of yet for the 24th (same with the 17th).

Let me know if you need any help with the design of the track layout.

-Billy (aka: Stuntman).

Absolutely! Your willingness to help, Billy, is more than welcome. Your race and driving expertise will help ensure a challenging and proper course layout and setup. I will PM you with my contact info so we can discuss further.

count me in.

Good job....

It will only confuse the issues and make it a pain in the butt to involve NSXCA and the red tape involved.

Keep it seperate...No reason this has to be a NSXCA anything.

And.....I am ready to pay when it's confirmed.

I am moving forward with this event! See my first posting on this thread for some updated info.

Last edited:
Update: I'm still working on securing one or more sponsors. Times are tough, even for the sweet deal as I am offering. I hope to make some progress within the next week or two.

Comment: I went to my second open track event at Willow Springs this past Saturday. I had a blast and really improved my high-speed driving skills on the fastest track in the West. However, I am more interested in running on the course I will set-up at El Toro.

Final update as of August 20, 2009: I have been unable to secure enough sponsors willing to defray the upfront costs for holding this event. Consequently, I will not be able to go forward and hold it. The poor economy and limited budgets big and small companies are contending with is the culprit. However, all is not lost. I have most of the details worked out so the next time I decide to hold this event, I will be that much farther ahead.

Sorry about getting the hopes up for those who expressed interest. I will try again sometime next year. In the mean time, there are car club and HPDE organizations such as Speed Trial USA to choose from. Those and other options for those who want to drive their cars at speed.

Last edited:
Thanks for putting the effort into it and trying to put it together.
Nothing ventured, nothing ever gained.

Thanks for putting the time into this. As mentioned, we can always meet at a track event or local autocross. It just takes leaders such as yourself to help guide us minions. :p :p :p

Final update as of August 20, 2009: I have been unable to secure enough sponsors willing to defray the upfront costs for holding this event. Consequently, I will not be able to go forward and hold it. The poor economy and limited budgets big and small companies are contending with is the culprit. However, all is not lost. I have most of the details worked out so the next time I decide to hold this event, I will be that much farther ahead.

Sorry about getting the hopes up for those who expressed interest. I will try again sometime next year. In the mean time, there are car club and HPDE organizations such as Speed Trial USA to choose from. Those and other options for those who want to drive their cars at speed.

Thanks for trying Steve....YOU DA MAN!!!

Thanks for the "thanks", guys. With my bank account running a little lean these days, the timing wasn't right for me to consider paying the bills out-of-pocket and get reimbursed from the attendee receipts. As I said, I'll try again and shoot for mid to late Spring or the early Summer timeframe.

In the meantime, keep on improving, polishing, modding, and driving those NSXs.

You'll have my support next time around Steve...

LOL...Arizona is on impressive in the Winter months, the summer months suck.

Thanks, Jim. And especially so considering you are located in Arizona. Very impressive!

Back