• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Super car sunday july 31

Love the pics john. Your sis did a great job.

Fantastic photos and great fun was had by all. I'm ready for the next one. Who's in?

Looks like we have another Les in our mists :smile: In about a 30 day period, he takes his NSX on a drive to central coast wine country with his wife, attends Super Car Sunday, and then attends the monthly meet in Costa Mesa. This type of enthusiasm is refreshing.

What is not to be enthusiastic about? Nice people, a great event, fantastic cars....

just don't start comparing me to Les, that is mighty high territory and I'm no where close.

I havent heard much from les much. You ok buddy. Did you crash the nsx too. Hope not. Also is mike, marine something, alive. He spends way too much time doing solo runs in the nsx up to santa barb. We should make that a run haha.

Last I talked to Les, he said he had three or four more runs he was planning, inclusive of at least one up to Big Bear before weather becomes an issue. I'll bet there will be another one soon. Just hope it's on a Sunday as I work all Saturday's.

I havent heard much from les much. You ok buddy. Did you crash the nsx too. Hope not. Also is mike, marine something, alive. He spends way too much time doing solo runs in the nsx up to santa barb. We should make that a run haha.

Hum, Wirewizze was looking for Mike "Marine Something two". It is summer, are they on vacation?

I want to make a request. I would love to see a drive to a nice beach location. Spend the day, or part of the day, at the beach and then return home.

Another idea, perhaps for next year if the economy is better, is to take a weekend drive to central coast wine country. This will cost more time and money, but I would think that it would be fun. The only problem is that wine tasting, NSX's and patrol officers don't mix. Perhaps renting locally a big van with one designated driver will work. Again, because of the costs and time, this type of trip will require advanced planning and notification. One of my fraternity brothers in-laws own a beach house at Avila Beach (near San Luis Obispo), it sleeps 6. Its not luxurious, but does overlook San Luis bay. If more go, then a hotel will work better. There are several B&B's in SLO too. Anyway, just a thought.

I can help with the wine tasting trip. Tasting is just that, tasting. Professionals in the business spit after taking a taste of wine. You still get to taste but with out consuming. Therefore you are not consuming and will be sober as a judge at the end of the day. You could still drive and be legal. Now before you blast me and say "whoa Valhalla, what is the fun if you can imbibe", the trick is to taste and then purchase what you like for consumption later. Some of the roads are pretty sweet up there. It would take planning but I'd be up for that trip again.

I can help with the wine tasting trip. Tasting is just that, tasting. Professionals in the business spit after taking a taste of wine. You still get to taste but with out consuming. Therefore you are not consuming and will be sober as a judge at the end of the day. You could still drive and be legal. Now before you blast me and say "whoa Valhalla, what is the fun if you can imbibe", the trick is to taste and then purchase what you like for consumption later. Some of the roads are pretty sweet up there. It would take planning but I'd be up for that trip again.

I wonder if that will fly if pulled over. The scenario would go something like this:

Officer: License, registration and proof of insurance please.

NSX Driver: Yes sir, here they are. Is there something wrong officer?

Officer: The reason I pulled you over is that you car is lacking a front license plates, which is a violation.

NSX Driver: Oh, sorry officer, but this how the car was set up when I bought it.

Officer: Sir, is that alcohol I smell on your breath?

NSX Driver: Yes officer, my NSX friends and I are on a wine tasting tour, but we are not actually drinking the wine. I did not swallow the tastes of the $50 bottle of Tally Wineries cabernet that we were served. I actually spit it out after tasting it.

Officer: Oh really!!!!! Please step out of the Mr. President. I’ve heard that one before!

Nice pictures. You California people are so lucky!!!! :biggrin:

Come on Frank. Get your brother, Sam, Chris and whom ever and come out to the next Cars & Coffee in Irvine or Super Car Sunday. At least two of us, LMR and I, have beds for you guys to stay, and I'm sure some of us will at least buy your coffee and possibly more for you effort. You can escape the heat now or wait until the weather cools for the drive later this year.

Best,

Mario

Come on Frank. Get your brother, Sam, Chris and whom ever and come out to the next Cars & Coffee in Irvine or Super Car Sunday. At least two of us, LMR and I, have beds for you guys to stay, and I'm sure some of us will at least buy your coffee and possibly more for you effort. You can escape the heat now or wait until the weather cools for the drive later this year.

Best,

Mario

Sounds good Mario!!! :biggrin:

Thanks Theo (and Les), She really appreciated all the kind words and these kinds of statements will insure that she attends future Prime events and drives.

Great. We can never have too many good photographers and people on these drives:smile:. We all look forward to seeing her on future drives.

Great. We can never have too many good photographers and people on these drives:smile:. We all look forward to seeing her on future drives.

It'll be nice when she comes and people stop making things awkward by calling her my gf.

I need my gf to come back from Beijing so everyone can meet her, she is very jealous that she hasn't been available to ride along.

It'll be nice when she comes and people stop making things awkward by calling her my gf.

I need my gf to come back from Beijing so everyone can meet her, she is very jealous that she hasn't been available to ride along.

I dont think it will be bad in future since everyone now knows its ur sister lol

I can't believe that I have not attended this event. I work 5 mins from here and live 20 mins away. Too bad I missed this one (was out of town) . I will be going later today with my 12 yo daughter to check out the P-cars.

Back