• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Support our troops car show

The troopsa definitely deserve all our support - I am there.

I can be of help if needed. Or you can talk to Craig directly, FOC event director. He is aware that you will be calling and/or emailing.

Craig McLaughlin
858-756-8450
Fax: 858-756-8453

Email: [email protected]

I don't think I can make it though, but I am trying.

Bruce

uh..... I am stationed at Camp Pendleton, so I want to get in on the action! This sounds like fun. I will have my car in storage by then though, b/c I am deploying back to Iraq in late Feb.

SmittyCat said:
uh..... I am stationed at Camp Pendleton, so I want to get in on the action! This sounds like fun. I will have my car in storage by then though, b/c I am deploying back to Iraq in late Feb.

Dang Jason, call me so we can catch up and switch addresses before you leave.

damn, i want in so bad but why they have to put it on a weekday?

Here is the latest info about the Camp Pendleton car show. Contact Craig for additional info or comments.

Craig McLaughlin

3133 Circa De Tierra

Encinitas, California 92024

858-756-8450

Fax: 858-756-8453

Email: [email protected]

PENDLETON MARINE CAR SHOW UPDATE

WHAT?: The Marine Corps is giving a going away party for the Marines who are shipping out to Iraq in February. They have asked for a static car display at their party.

WHAT DATE?: February 6, 2004 (yes, a Friday!)

WHAT TIME?: Noon to 4 p.m. However, I am requesting that cars be at the airfield no later than 11:00 a.m. to allow time for proper set up—thanks! I will be there around 10:00 a.m. for the early birds!

WHERE?: Coming either north or south on I-5, take the Camp Pendleton base turn off from I-5 (just north of Oceanside), go through the main gate (the gate will be informed about the car show) and you’ll be on Vandergrift Boulevard, stay on Vandergrift for about 7.2 miles until you reach 11th Street. Turn right on 11th Street for about .2 miles and bear right at the Y just passed a sign on the right that says Chappa Area, go about 100 yards and turn left and you’ll arrive at the parade ground. There will be signs to help you.

GAINING ENTRANCE TO CAMP PENDLETON: All you’ll need is your driver’s license, current registration, and proof of insurance. My experience has been that the MP at the gate will only ask to see your ID (i.e., your driver’s license). Simply tell the MP that you are coming on the base for the car show.

WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING: Yourself, any guests that fit into your car, and your car. The USMC will provide all food, beverages, and water at the party. However, feel free to bring your own stuff if you like—there may be long lines. I’m told there will be laser tag and Laker Girls for more the adventurous among us!

I need an approximate car count for each club if possible. As always, thanks for your time and willingness to participate!

Craig McLaughlin

sounds like fun.... I will bring some of my fellow Marines to check out the cars.... and maybe miss some work too!

I'm still planning on making it....90% sure....

Is there going to be our own area for NSX's??? I don't want to park next to a buncha crappy Italian cars:D

Who is going so far??? Would like to meet up before entering the base and roll together....

lame turnout by the NSX owners....... :( There were quite a few Corvettes, Vipers, and Ferraris at the get-together at Camp Pendleton. Pretty good spread they put on for us deploying Marines.

Hopefully for the next event we can get some representation.

Tell me about it....Nick and I were the only NSX's to show up...We were late, but we were there...Nick brought the bright orange DownForce NSX(his customers) which got alot of attention to say the least...I just bummed I forgot my camera:( there were some cool cars there...Next time we need some X's though....:confused:

I would have represented as well, but my NSX is in storage. At least a couple NSXs made it to the event, better than nothing.

I think the problem was that most NSX owners still have to work.... the Ferrari guys probably aren't too concerned with taking a Friday off though!

Back