• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Surface 3 Pro

Played with it again today just drawing. It's so cool. All the surface 3's were being used. In the apple store nobody was using an iPad. It's time for apple to up their game and do something new. There was talk about a 12" iPad pro. We'll see.

I've been extremely pleased. I went from a macbook air and a samsung galaxy note 8 to the sp3. It covers having a tablet and a ultra book.

I can chime in with my experience with my OG Surface tablet not the pro version. I got it when they first came out November 2012 and it's been great and I use it every day. I would love to have the Surface Pro 3! It's what I want to get eventually but the NSX is priority at the moment and it needs some work.

I bought a 256gb SP3 today, the best buy rep said they were flying off the shelf. all the colored keyboards were gone so maybe people are buying these. So far its ice but im still playing with it. IT WAS NOT CHEAP, but i wanted it!:smile:

About time :biggrin:

I got one. It's a legit business laptop replacement for me. And with a USB docking station I have full keyboard, mouse, and 2 external monitors (plus the Surface screen) when using it on my desk.

I got one. It's a legit business laptop replacement for me. And with a USB docking station I have full keyboard, mouse, and 2 external monitors (plus the Surface screen) when using it on my desk.

Sounds great. Which one did you get?

I'm not sure how everyone else is using theirs, but I have one that I borrow from work and the 4gb vs 8gb is a big deal on these things. i5 vs i7 is minor compared to the memory issue. If you are going to run programs on it like Lightroom then I recommend you getting the 8gb i5. I have the 4gb at work and run into issues with memory. Outside of that I absolutely love it.

I'm not sure how everyone else is using theirs, but I have one that I borrow from work and the 4gb vs 8gb is a big deal on these things. i5 vs i7 is minor compared to the memory issue. If you are going to run programs on it like Lightroom then I recommend you getting the 8gb i5. I have the 4gb at work and run into issues with memory. Outside of that I absolutely love it.

I appreciate the feedback. Are you running Photoshop as well as LightRoom?

I appreciate the feedback. Are you running Photoshop as well as LightRoom?

I'm running full PS CS5 at the moment on it. I also have done a little video editing for fun. They both will run on the SP3, but like I said I run into memory issues under heavy loading.

Mine fell out of my backpack in its belkin sleeve, the belkin offer NO drop protection. Got a black spot in the bottom corner of the screen. Microsoft needs a goof bumper for this thing. No others issues to report, very pleased with it.

I'm thinking of selling my yoga 2 pro for one of these. They are way cool. I wonder what the 4th gen will bring. I'm thinking these will go on sale for Christmas.

As a windows developer I am glad to see the positive response to windows on a forum. It's about time people stopped the hate and realistically evaluated their products.

Sounds great. Which one did you get?

Over a month getting back on to reply so not sure if this is still useful info, but I got and i5 processor and 8 GB of ram. Seemed likely to suit my needs for the near future. Performance is great. Overall I really like it. Docking station with external keyboard, mouse, and monitors on the desk, just grab the tablet and go for travel.

Back