• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Survey for you NA1 owners

Do you have headers on your car?

• Yes, NA2 headers

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Yes, Comptech, SoS, TopSpeed or other

Votes: 75 62.0%
  • No, I have factory cast iron manifolds

Votes: 36 29.8%

• Total voters
I have headers and exhaust. Really want to do RDX injectors, but mulling whether to do anything about intake beforehand. Maybe DF scoop and a new filter?

I am looking into OBX headers but have read mix reviews, some have stated having to cut frame/or structural area of the car, therefor I am doing some research prior to purchasing, I know that there are other brands out there were this is not a problem but the price difference is big yet not big enough to me if it means not having to cut; So if any one has any recent experience with OBX headers please chime in or PM me as it might be considered deraling the thread or not as it is related to headers.:smile:

I have headers and exhaust. Really want to do RDX injectors, but mulling whether to do anything about intake beforehand. Maybe DF scoop and a new filter?

I have the RDX injector swap with a stock airbox and it works fine.

If you want an intake, get the Prospeed "true" cold air - I'm big on supporting vendors who have dyno tested their products before taking them to market.

I know you are on a path to300WHP so this does not apply to you but:

I just took one of mine from bone stock to intake, headers, exhaust - the car was plenty good without that stuff. I would not go back, but my point being that the stock set-up is good. The big thing for me is getting the habits down about how to manage the RPM appropriately.

I might suggest someone first do JDM + final drive before anything else.

not necessarily on topic or what you want to hear, but that power goal is great - I do think the US gearing is a bit wrong.

That's a good suggestion - I already have them. And yes, they made a very noticeable difference.

I have the RDX injector swap with a stock airbox and it works fine.

If you want an intake, get the Prospeed "true" cold air - I'm big on supporting vendors who have dyno tested their products before taking them to market.

I need to see it dyno'd with the fender liner on (all tests so far were with the liner off).

Also I need to see if they have any problems at the smog check here in CA. I've never heard of an NSX with an intake getting in trouble but I have heard from folks with other cars that the smog guy made them put their stock intake back on.

I need to see it dyno'd with the fender liner on (all tests so far were with the liner off).

Also I need to see if they have any problems at the smog check here in CA. I've never heard of an NSX with an intake getting in trouble but I have heard from folks with other cars that the smog guy made them put their stock intake back on.

Here's a tip on finding a lazy smog mechanic: Get the guy who's working on a Friday afternoon. :cool:

I put Topspeed headers on 30,000 miles ago. After that I added and K&N filter and a ProSpeed Stage 3 chip. Rand it that way for a few years before I got a Taitec GT 102 Inconel exhaust. Putting the exhaust on made a HUGE difference, as I think the Stage 3 chip needs all three; intake, header AND exhaust to come into its own.

Earlier this year I ordered the ProSpeed RDX injector/chip package. I had to return my Stage 3 chip for reprogramming.

If you ever wonder if these step by step modifications really amount to a lot -- remove the stage 3 chip and replace it with the stock chip. All of a sudden the car couldn't get out of its own way. It felt like 500 pounds were added. The car was a dog. I drove it like that for two weeks.

Then the new chip and injectors arrived and I installed them. The car felt 1000 pounds lighter, and someone had added a boat load of midrange torque. Moves that previously required a downshift could be done in gear. What a difference.

Also the engine was remarkably smoother. Of course that had nothing to do with replacing 170,000+ mile injectors with brand new ones!:biggrin:

So yeah, mods make a difference, and the headers are the first to make, imho.

CT headers, prospeed cats, Pride v1.

Sounds and feels great :)

What headers are best bang for the buck? How much of a power gain on a NA1 tuned with AEM ems?

SoS claims 24-26 HP gain on their headers on NA1 for not much more than CT who claim 18 HP

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/Advanced_Headers/

OEM NA2 Header got me ~15HP on my 1995.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1601880#post1601880

IMG_16661.JPG

Baseline:
IMG_16641.JPG

After:
IMG_16702.JPG

Installing '02 headers with one of the few Prospeed High flow cats to bolt up 2002 headers - 91-94 exhausts in 2 weeks when I get my TB/WP, hoses, valves adjusted.

I'm in the process of fabricating my own custom headers/exhaust. I just sent Vince from Burns Stainless a spec form sheet so he can give me all of the dimensions and I will be sending Weir-tech a gasket so he can make up the flanges. We'll be using Burns collectors and mufflers. I'll probably throw pics up on my build thread once we begin.

I run DC headers (new type, no flex pipe) $900 brand new. That is connected to Dali test pipes which were I believe $150 new. Moving on to the exhaust I have a Pride V1. Can't remember how much but it was less than a grand. With that set up the butt dyno reads much higher than stock so I am satisfied with it. More importantly it is ear piercing loud. So obnoxiously loud in fact that people on the road try to get away from me or won't drive behind me. There is slight drone but nothing to give me a headache. Either way it sounds amazing to me which is all that matters.

Nick

Back