• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Suspension Upgrade on 1998 NSX

Hey how are all of you :). This is my first post here so Im still noob. I just recently bought a 1998 NSX but im not driving it for a few months till insurance will become affordable for it :mad:. Im eager to work on it though and the first thing that Im going to be working with is the suspension. This is my question though. What set ups have you guys seen to be effective with the NSX with performance/ comfort. I want to get a coil over set up and I know that tein is developing a type flex version for the NSX.

well I only paid 20k for the nsx because it was a graduation gift in a sense. My dad gave me his NSX and I gave him what I had saved up for a car. As for insurance my insurance agent told me that its going to go down because im turning 26 in a few weeks and Im also getting married.

AndyH said:
wow....alot of people being getting extremely good deal lately. This guy got a 99 for $25K and you got a 98 for $20K. Now save up some money and start modifying your nsx :)

yeah its pretty good its still like new because my dad started to have problems with his vision shortly after he paid it off. he decided that there is no use in having a car like this unless its meant to be driven so he garaged it and just had it as sort of a colectors car (we're a honda family :) ) its been in the garage with his first car (80 prelude completely restored) ever since. So its only got 19k on it. The value of the car is way over what I payed for it, like I said it was a graduation gift even if with the 20k I paid the car is well worth another 25 - 30k.

So back to suspension. What coil over set ups do you guys suggest. I think my best bet would be tein and have the suspension tuned. Any body here upgrade?

NSX-Racer said:
You get a whole bunch of suggestions by using the search. Just click
here and read some of the threads - enough to read for many hours.

thanks. im such noob :( at least your one of the few people that links to the search instead of just saying do a search. thank you

Since you're new to the NSX, I'd suggest you drive it for awhile before making any major decisions regarding add-ons.

The NSX is so capable in its stock form that it's rare that a new driver will bump into any limitations (other than self-imposed).

I'm certainly not suggesting that you must leave the NSX stock, but since you didn't mention specific goals, such as tracking the car, etc, I'm not sure what your requirements are.

In any case, even if you regularly plan to take it to the track, I'd wait until you can get a good feel of the stock setup. You may wish to make other mods, first. Anti-roll bars, non-compliance beam, etc.

Regards and welcome aboard,
Jim

To answer your suspension question, I would suggest driving the car as it sits right now with the OEM suspension (if that's what it has currently) and seeing how it fits/doesn't fit with your individual needs. Thousands of people are happy with the stock suspension, you may find that you are one of them.

Ive driven the car alot before i purchased it. the reason im not driving it now is I have no insurance. Im pretty happy with the suspension for the most part. I do feel some body roll now and then and thats mainly what I want to eliminate. Theese are my goals for the car suspension wise

better cornering
more agressive stance
as close to stock ride comfort as possible

I just want a more agressive set up for street and the occasional auto x events. What ive been reading alot on this board is the front sways make a big difference. Also Im going to start reading up on the zenardi upgrade all of you keep talikng about and see what that includes.

mrmyz said:
Hey how are all of you :). This is my first post here so Im still noob.

good thing this is not carner-carvers.com.:D

btw, congrats on a great car.

EssTooKayTD said:
tein suspensions seem to be pretty good on S2000's, why not NSX's? :) if the insurance thing doesn't work out man, lemme know!!!!

Tom

haha some ones really interested in buying a nsx.

mrmyz said:
haha some ones really interested in buying a nsx.
interested is an understatement. More like "feenin" like a crack fiend :D I'm trying to just pay off the S, grab this new position I have interviewed for, and the X will come soon enough! Just have to resist the urge to sell the S in order to buy the X.

Back