• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sweetest place to hear, "What model Ferrari is that?"

I stopped off at my local Ferrari dealer today after work to pick up a few parts. I parked the Zanardi, clean and shiny as usual, off to the the side of the showroom in a safe spot. Leaving, it took me a few moments to get into my car. As I looked up I see a middle-aged couple walking smartly towards me. "Which model is that?" the man asked. "It's a Honda," I replied. He quickly stopped, turned to his wife and said, half surprised and half disappointed, "It's not a Ferrari." Back to the showroom......

If you stop by the Ferrari dealership to get parts, that means you must have a Ferrari. Which Model?? A Zanardi and a Ferrari, how would you decide what to drive?

Funny, that's how I got into the NSX club....got tired of my Ferarri (granted, is was a lowly 308 GTS).:D Have never looked back.

I get a lot of respect from the Ferrari dealer when the few times I visited in my NSX (just to browse the selection). I think all the sales people respect the NSX and know:
A) It costs less that virtually anything in their showroom (comparing used car to used car, or new to new car)
B) Out performs many of the cars in their show room
C) Is more reliable than many of the cars in their showroom

That said, most of the customers do not relate to the NSX.

When they close there eyes and visualize a Honda, they see a silver accord or white civic driven by an average joe.

When they close there eyes and visualize a Ferrari, they see a sexy red sports car with a long legged blond in the passenger seat driven by cool-dude millionaire

When they close there eyes and visualize a Dodge, they see a faded blue mini-van with a fat tooth impaired female driving, 3 or 4 kids and a faded yellow “baby on board sign”

When they close there eyes and visualize a Acura, they just open them back up and say “ What's an Acura?”

Looking at it from unemotional point o view , I do like Ferraris and think they make a great sports car but seem a bit over-priced. just for that cache, soul, emotion, religion, etc. Maybe someday I'll get one but I will always keep an NSX.

Hg

hgunnerz said:

When they close there eyes and visualize a Ferrari, they see a sexy red sports car with a long legged blond in the passenger seat driven by cool-dude millionaire

Funny cuz thats what my girlfriend saw last time we ran into each other by accident at the beach! :D :eek: ;)

Nah I love my g/f...she's way hotter than any long-legged blonde :)

Anyways, alot of us have gotten the "What kind of Ferrari is that?" or the "Look, a Ferrari!" But to get it AT A F-CAR DEALERSHIP: W-O-W. Some rich snob must have been looking for a status symbol or was just truly ignorant about the car he was buying.

Goes to show maybe they should expand their horizon beyond just hte italian market. Rich people got rich for a reason and some of them are the most frugal people I know, so why not buy a car that can perform on the same level and save themselves over $100k when comparing a new 360 to a new NSX?

Back