TAEITEC GT COMP

Just installed a taitec competition exhaust. Can someone tell me if it needs time to break in. Because it is not that loud. It has a deep sound to it but, not as loud as I expected. Will it get louder as it breaks in or not? Has anyone had experience with this exhaust. One thing I would say is, it looks good and it went on perfect.

Mine got louder a little bit after a while
smile.gif

I think you probably should have got the Taitec JGTC parallel. I was looking for something loud too but the one you got is just more robust sound not really all that much louder.

I just got the JGTC Parallel and that baby screams. The GF says she's embarrased to ride in the car, but I love it. I have never looked foreward to driving under highway bridges so much in my life. It sounds like the start of an F1 race!
Aaron
smile.gif

Originally posted by AaronR:
I just got the JGTC Parallel and that baby screams. The GF says she's embarrased to ride in the car, but I love it. I have never looked foreward to driving under highway bridges so much in my life. It sounds like the start of an F1 race!
Aaron
smile.gif

How is the fit especially under the valence.

I was particularly impressed how tucked in the GT parallel was under the valence. Unlike other aftermarket or even the oem mufflers, you could not see it from behind the car. The muffler shield helps with the oem but on others it's distracting.

Is the JGTC similar or it hangs a little?

From the rear, the tips of all the "parallel" (stock exit) exhausts are all the same.

The GT Competition is slightly louder than the Comptech exhaust which I would say is about average to slightly higher than average in terms of exhaust volume.

If you find it much too quiet, The JGTC Parallel or GT Lightweight may be a better match.
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/sos_resource/FAQs/NSX/eap/exhaust_comparison/default.asp
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/sos_resource/FAQs/NSX/eap/exhaust_comparison/default.asp

That being said, most people that have bought the GT Competition have really liked the tone and volume it produces. In my opinion, it is significantly louder than factory at idle and WOT, but not overpowering for daily use.

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
From the rear, the tips of all the "parallel" (stock exit) exhausts are all the same.

<snip>

Regards,
-- Chris

Chris, my question was referring to the muffler canisters and not the tips
smile.gif

Given that the JGTC comes in two parallel canisters, do they tuck is as much as the GT or one sees some shiiny SS from a rear view?

You can't see the canisters at all, not one bit. Even when you duck down, the only way to see them is to actually get on the ground and put your head under the valence. It looks as if it was a traditional front engine car that only has the pipes in the back. As if you could not tell I think that that exhaust is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
smile.gif

Aaron

Hrant -- you've already heard this, I had it on my car last track event. I'll have it on for the next track event as well.

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

I did! I was so busy that day I did not know whether I was going or coming ....... I thought you had the JGTC center ..... anyways, I will make a point at THill to listen to the various exhausts from the hot pit white wall ........
biggrin.gif

Thanks.

Back