• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taitec Comp or Dream 28 or JGTC Parallel?

I know that this question has been gone over and over but out of these what sounds the best? Please help! Thanks!

Also, I will be running the bypass pipes.

First you have to decide what type of exhaust you want, center exit or stock exit?

Second, how loud or quiet do you want it?

Third, since you want to run the bypass pipes you'll eliminate the Dream 28 because it's a straight pipe design exhaust that connects to the OEM manifold.

So now you have 2 choices, Taitec competition or JGTC Parallel.

Tell us more about how you would want the exhaust to sound like, and we can give you more help.

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

Wouldn't the Dream28 be even better since you can totally eliminate the test pipes?

Less cost and possibly less weight

I saw someone was selling a Dream28 for cheap too. Not sure how loud it gets though.

It is pretty loud. Not horrible, by any means, say Mark's ITR in Texas
biggrin.gif
, but I have no trouble using sound to rev match my down shifts with a helmet on in the track car. It is wonderfully easy to install and only weighs 12#, a savings of over 50# from stock. It will not work with the stock valence, so you will either have a naked rear end as I do now (rear diffuser in the works!) or get an aftermarket setup.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan Boooleevard Cruzer
1992 White/Black Track Rat
2002 Red and White Cooper S - for sale, please inquire

I would like it to be loud. The Dream 28 looks like a good choice but I would like to keep the rear stock (bodywork). Also, where is the best place to purchase? Any other input would be great, such as sounds? If the Dream 28 will not work, what is the best choice between the Competition Lighweight and the Parallel? When you are spending this kind of money I want to make the best choice.

If loud is what you want, get the JGTC Parallel and use the test pipes.

Check Science of Speed for sound clips and pricing.

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

I can attest to that. SilverOne has his JGTC parallel installed and now he doesn't need to use my door bell anymore.

Driving next to his car startles me when he hits the gas. The only thing that I can think of is that it blasts! I call his exhaust the masta blasta.

Louder than the GruppeM for sure. The GruppeM, I call it the screamer.

Originally posted by NSXSHO:
what sounds the best?

NSXs are available in a lot of colors, including red, white, black, silver, etc. Which looks the best?

That's a shame...

Why not give the flowmaster a try? See the discussion under "Technicle and Do-it-yourself.

------------------
1991 Red/Ivory #2055 1991 GMC Syclone-For Sale
1998 Integra GSR

Recently replaced my factory exhaust with a Taitec Parallel system. All I can say is WOW! The sound is great. Throaty and deep.
The Taitec makes tunnel drives and passing beneath overpasses a real kick. Larry T

I have the JGTC Parallel, and I think it may be the best mod I have ever done for any of my cars (and I've had a LOT of cars with LOTS of mods!) I love it, and it's not too loud in my opinion,
Aaron

I know that this question has been gone over and over but out of these what sounds the best? Please help! Thanks!

Why run the bypas pipes? For a similar boost without finding yourself on Greenpeace 10 most wanted list - check these out:

<a href="http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1114">Click Here</a>

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

I'm willing to bet that the NSX with no cats would still pass the sniffer in all states. Granted, they still won't let you pass, because of the lack of cats. My Lexus SC300 turbo (built pretty extremely) still passed NC's sniffer with no cats.
smile.gif

SR

Originally posted by CDube:
I can attest to that. SilverOne has his JGTC parallel installed and now he doesn't need to use my door bell anymore.

Driving next to his car startles me when he hits the gas. The only thing that I can think of is that it blasts! I call his exhaust the masta blasta.

Louder than the GruppeM for sure. The GruppeM, I call it the screamer.

Taitec grubbles really low and loud at below 5k rpm, but it starts to scream at 5k+. Great description I remember from someone else here is "the sound bounces off ANYTHING next to you"

For the value, I think one can not beat the jgtc parallel. However, you should really ride in a car with it for sometime to see if you can get used to the low grubble at 3K, it took me a month to get used to it, and some asprin on occasions for the headache.

Back