• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taitec gt-006 (GTLW) vs FN-09

Hey Guy's
Really sorry if this is a re-post but im stuck in what to choose.

Here's my dilemma, I have been unhappy with my custom made exhaust for quite some time now and have decided I'm going to get it done properly. I've made up my mind that I am buying Taitec extractor's (gt-011) and test pipes (gt-003) but cant pick between two of their exhausts.

First is the Taitec gt-006 also known at the gt light weight, Heard many good things about it some people have said it drones a little but there are mixed responses saying the drone dissapears with de-cat and extractors is this true? please confirm.

Second is the Taitec FN-09 probably Taitec's best exhaust, it looks like a work of art, it can be purchased with quad tips which I prefer and sounds fantastic but hard to compare the 2 exhaust on youtube they seem similar, down side is.....its over twice the price.

So basically what i'm asking is:

Does drone decrease with extractors and test pipes?

Does the Taitec GTLW drone?

And for those who have been fortunate enough to listen to an nsx with the taitec fn-09 how does it sound or compare to the GTLW?

Anyway help will be greatly appreciated.....I'm in struggle town right now.

Occasionally GTLW do have a slight drone, but there are resonated test pipes available.
I personally really like the sound of a GTLW its very raw, not like the FN-09 which is much more high-pitched.

The TaiTec JGTC exhaust also makes a more exotic sound but doesn't drone and gives a nice balance, although the FN09 is a work of art.
Have you already taken a look at the RF-Yamamoto exhausts? (I've them posted up with sound clips in the vendor section).

The RFY are similar to the FN09 but even more high pitched.

I can make you a good deal on the whole system kit, shipping to Australia isn't that much.

Back