• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Taitec gt009 - what did you do about your rear valence

I searched, but I did not find exactly what I was looking for. I wanted to see some pics of those who are running this exhaust. From what I understand you have to loose the rear valence. I don't mind the look from the back but I am more concerned with how it may look from the side with the lower portion missing.

Do most people just modify there existing valence. Any advice or pictures would be great!

thanks for everyone's input!

Woops. You bought a center exit exhaust and didn't get a center exit valance? Taitec or Downforce are possibilities. SOS sells the Taitec.

It is not a center exit exhaust. It is single side. I have a plan for my rear valence, but I wanted to see what others have done.

I have three videos I will try and get up. This exhaust is unmatched in terms of sound. Car sounds like an F1 car/ Ferrari. Through tunnels is beyond rediculous.

Stay Tuned!!

In my opinion its not that loud as long as you are not in the upper rpms. There is also a silencer that you can use. Don't let the noise hold you back. This is the best sounding exhaust you can get for the NSX. My coworker could not believe it when I took him for a ride and kept saying it sounded like a ferrari.

I will be taking some hd video with a friend and post it up for everyone soon. Feel free to pm me if you have any more questions.

Sound clip:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ULzG94R9xwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sound clip:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ULzG94R9xwg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
This is the infamous Taitec gt009 clip! I'm not sure if there was some sound trickery in the editing so i'd love to hear a video from it's a trusted source. If you can confirm it sounds that sweet...well that would be fantastic.

There is no trickery. It does sound this good. One thing to note is that this exhaust completely changes after 55000 rpm. Also the silver car revs much quicker than mine, I bet it has a lightwieght flywheel.

If anyone is in the Bay Area and wants to meet up and check out how my car sounds feel free to PM me. I know that there are already some skeptics lurking, like Dhalsim who creatively utilized Borat. lol

This is the infamous Taitec gt009 clip! I'm not sure if there was some sound trickery in the editing so i'd love to hear a video from it's a trusted source. If you can confirm it sounds that sweet...well that would be fantastic.

Sounds like a NSX being followed by a sportbike haha.

I went to run errands this morning before i make the video of the exhaust but the HOA towed my car saying it was too loud. I wont be able to make any videos until i move out, luckily i found a place to move at the end of the month. My girlfriend paid for the towing fee and told me "If they don't like your car F*** them lets move out". Wait for the videos at the beginning of August ;-) .?

Yes!!! The clip posted above was the clip that forced me to fall in love with the exhaust. However, I too am a bit worry to there may be some video editing going on. Come one peeps when need more clips!:biggrin:

@Venom... Thats insane! awesome GF btw, hope there's no problems with this beast at the new residents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hSTxr3vR-k&feature=youtube_gdata_player
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aea9hTtZ7cw&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Well seems to be that my mom was filming me while i was taking my car to my gf house last night. They are not the best videos but you can get an idea. Nico

Does anyone here actually think that these NSXs with the GT009 (or ANY exhaust, for that matter) sounds like an F1 race car?

If so, please watch an F1 race on TV or listen to one on YouTube or best yet, go watch an F1 event in person.

The cars in the videos in this thread sound awesome but an F1 race car? :rolleyes::confused: I'm prepared to hear true F1 sound whenever I get to hear one in person. I'm also prepared to hear… something else :biggrin:

J

Well i never said it sounds like a F1 car but i definitely love the sound when the Vtec kicks in. But those videos arent quite good.

Nah, you didn't. The OP has said it elsewhere on Prime, however.

But the exhaust sounds good in the videos I've watched. Just questioning how "F1" it sounds.

J

I think that this statement in regard to how this exhaust makes the car sound like an f1 car is being taken to literal. An NSX will obviously never sound identical to an F1 car, but the Taitec exhaust completely transforms the exhaust note and is very loud. It has a unique tone that is very exotic once v tec kicks in.

Venom your car sounds amazing. Do you have headers also. I am almost done with my modified rear valence and will send you some pics once complete.

Back