• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tankless water heater

Another Rinnai here..dont know which one.

We did it for 2 reasons:
#1 the energy savings
#2 the space.
Before this was a hot water heater room, now it is a large closet.

This made even more room for my wifes sh*t.

*sigh*

Subscribed. I'm looking to replace both of the hot weater heaters in our home now. Both gas now. The tankless looks...interesting.

We replaced two 60 gallon natural gas with one "high recover" 25 gal. Wonderful unit. Works well, saves space and money. Recovery is quick, and we've never ran out of hot H2O even with guests staying over. This was an option over the tankless, given the HUGE cost just to install the tankless, plus we probably would have needed two units....

Just a thought.

Since there seems to be alot of interest in hot water:biggrin: The theory of the tankless on demend system can be replicated on a grander scale with modern gas fired boilers which are still quite small.We use a burnham unit which sends hot to a holding tank,which is always kept filled with hot from the boiler.We don't have to waite for the tank to heat the water with elements.It is also large enough to support radiant in floor heating.

I am not sure if anyone mentioned this, but when I checked about the tankless heaters for my parent's house in LA about a year ago (built in the mid 1930s), I was told they don't recommend it for older homes since the piping will not withstand the pressure - unless if the pipes were changed.

YMMV.

Nick, we own a plumbing business. we have those tankless water heaters in stock I could get you a good deal on parts and install.lemme know

Hey I live in Euless...In Between Dallas and Fortworth....want to do my setup? :redface:

Back