• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Targa Storage Lid

All I see is the little strat on the left side of the rear glass that looks like it is suppose to hold the lid of the targa storage place up. I can not keep my lid up for the life of me, the little clip slips off the lid every time. So putting the targa in the storage bin is quite a challenge and I am sure one day I will end up dropping the targa on the car and scratching it. Perhaps I am just stupid on this thing, but I did change my timing belt :biggrin: so if anyone has a trick or knows of something I should be doing to get the thing to stay up please share with me. Even better if you can get yours to stay up, the lid that is :eek: please post a pic on here for me so I can see what I need to do. Also there is no owners manual with my car :frown: so if it is in that I'm still out of luck.

I have a T also. All I do is unsnap the hook from the window, lift my lid, slide the hook under it, and put my top in, unhook the lid, snap the hook back on the window. Done :smile:

I had the same problem when I first got the NSX. I was trying to use the small plastic handle on the side of the targa lid as the item to latch the strap to which produced a very slippery unstable connection. This plastic handle is for raising the targa lid not strapping onto.

The clip on the strap should fit over the narrow bottom edge of the targa lid. This produces a very secure connection.

Here are some pictures of the correct method of strapping the targa lid.

Attachments

• PICT0007.JPEG
    PICT0007.JPEG
    44.8 KB · Views: 820
  • PICT0008.JPEG
    PICT0008.JPEG
    41.9 KB · Views: 808
  • PICT0009.JPEG
    PICT0009.JPEG
    26.9 KB · Views: 824
Do you guys have two snaps on your glass hatch for the strap? Ive got one that looks like it was welded on after the fact and is about 6 inches rearward of the snap you in the above pictures (I have that snap also).

There are two snaps. One at the opposite end of the hook to anchor the strap and another one near the hook that stores the strap in a secure position when not in use.

I have a similar problem that the anchor snap on my strap will sometime come undone due to the weight of the lid. When this happens about the time I'm placing the T-Top into the storage area, I get quite nervous I'll scratch or drop the thing.

Hasn't happened for quite a while, but I guess I should get a new strap with better gripping strap.

johnsylora said:
I had the same problem when I first got the NSX. I was trying to use the small plastic handle on the side of the targa lid as the item to latch the strap to which produced a very slippery unstable connection. This plastic handle is for raising the targa lid not strapping onto.

The clip on the strap should fit over the narrow bottom edge of the targa lid. This produces a very secure connection.

Here are some pictures of the correct method of strapping the targa lid.

Thanks man, that's awsome!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

I don't know how you got the strap to stay on the "unstable" way, because it slips off every time on mine.

Thanks again to all that replied.

My lid looks nothing like that. I have a flexible cover that has zippers on both sides, not a hardcover lid like in the pictures. Do I have an aftermarket cover, or did it change to this in a certain year?

Lopaka69 said:
My lid looks nothing like that. I have a flexible cover that has zippers on both sides, not a hardcover lid like in the pictures. Do I have an aftermarket cover, or did it change to this in a certain year?

Does your car have a Comptech Supercharger? It sounds like you have the cover them, so if not, maybe it used to have the CTSC on it? How about a pic to verify?

Back