• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Targa Top question

Have you tried to use the two rubber plugs to cover the holes where the Targa metal tongues secure to the frame? That may be your answer.

I rarely drive at those speeds with the top off so I can't tell ........

98-T

I only drive at those speeds with the top on. Rubber? where can I get this wonderous material!?!!!(j/k)

But seriously do you know exactly what sizes etc needed and from where?

An additional possibility (on the NSX-T as well as the coupe) is that the windows may need adjustment so that they press harder towards the interior.

Originally posted by Auraraptor:
in other words I completely did not understand your post. sorry, but it sometimes happens.

The part number for the Targa rubber noise pins are 85039-SLO-T00

Works pretty well. Some people won't notice... but it stops a slight whistle when driving with the top off.

Originally posted by Auraraptor:
in other words I completely did not understand your post. sorry, but it sometimes happens.

Perhaps I need to clarify my post, if your "funny noise" is when the T-top is off then continue reading:

The Targa comes with two rubber plugs that are used to plug the holes in case the noise bothers you. At about 80 mph, I don't hear any whistle but other have.

Check you glove compartment perhaps it it is stuck on the bottom, if not, your local Acura dealer can get you, or order them from Eric at Niello Acura 800 350 2299

[This message has been edited by Hrant (edited 22 August 2002).]

Ah yes, you're talking about the 110mph noise, the weather seal on the front of the targa top looses it seal at exactly 110mph and you can hear the increased wind noise blowing thru the gap in the seal. because it creates a low pressure area along the top edge the air is rushing from the cabin to the outside so there's no water leakage to worry about it's just a little louder in the cabin. and before you ask, no, the noise doesn't go away as you go faster...

I've tried lubricating the seal etc.. but the gasket seems to have lost it's ability to maintain the seal at high(er) speeds.

Other than putting up with the additional wind noise your only other option is replacing the entire gasket (and it's a large one) I don't know if it's that much of a problem, after all how often do you run at 110?
wink.gif

I have tried every adjustment and have had the top latch updates and still get lotso noise over 110mph.At that point who cares,besides most of my high-speed driving is at the track and we are mandated to run with windows down.So I'm familiar with a lot of noise.

Back