• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Targets set with a Price Range and Topless model confirmed by the man himself

Very exciting article that answers some questions that have been lingering.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/...utm_expid=12261766-9.n3UKns_sT6uGHKlagvv2qg.1

Here are some highlights of quotes:

"We have targets, but I can't say that now." When pressed about a possible 400bhp+, he quickly quips back, "remember I told you, we have our sights set on the Ferrari 458 Italia. The customer typically looks up to Ferrari - but the price is definitely up, so we're trying to make that performance accessible."

-"Don't forget, the original NSX didn't look so good on numbers, but then everyone drove the car and it became a new interpretation of the sportscar,"

-"we'd be foolish to develop NSX without an open-top version"

-"certainly within the range of the R8"

-"We are planning much less volume than the Porsche 911, perhaps more in line with the Audi R8"

So R8 (V8 model) level of sales and price, but 458/911 performance. Sounds about right!

Also, apparently the powerplant is at longevity phase of testing and they will finalize specs soon. Perhaps Honda is really considering turbo, but are worried about reliability so they are extensively testing that option.

-"There won't be any more concept versions, just the actual version, and that car will look even better on the outside, believe me,"

Very good to hear!

And McLaren will assist Honda with it's development. Honda probably don't need their help, but it will boost in marketing, not to mention Honda may be their future road car drivetrain supplier.

LOL You guys should read the comments the Brits are making. "Too much for a Honda badge" . Even after hearing that Honda is shooting for 458 performance they say I'd rather have the Audi badge for the same amount of money....sigh

LOL You guys should read the comments the Brits are making. "Too much for a Honda badge" . Even after hearing that Honda is shooting for 458 performance they say I'd rather have the Audi badge for the same amount of money....sigh

It makes sense that the Brits would buy German over Japanese because the Brits obviously have an adept understanding of good engineering.

It makes sense that the Brits would buy German over Japanese because the Brits obviously have an adept understanding of good engineering.

LOL Yeah we wouldn't know that from Jaguar and Land Rover

I think Britain is still scared of Germany....

It's none of the above! It's all about MARKETING, something we all know Honda shines at, not.

When Honda have won umpteen LeMans 24 hour races, outright, then the poms may have a different view of the NSX's worth.

Yea, I'm not sure how McLaren will assist in the production? Perhaps suspension and chassis? Powertrain is certainly not a concern for Honda.

I'm not sure why Honda would need McLaren???

I'm not sure why Honda would need McLaren???
Possibly to help sell them in Europe. With the 12c, MacLaren also built what I think should have been the next NSX.

Last edited:
Marketing. 2015 McLaren Honda F1 program.

In the past, when Honda advertised their cars using McLaren F1 cars, no one outside of Japan and Europe knows F1.

Today is a different story. They are really gearing up in every aspect of the marketing, from movies to racing team. They are taking this very serious.

I have to think really seriously to move to the US in the near future. Just have to find some basic job 1st :) ...

Back