• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TCS/ABS lights on together...weird trouble code

M-P

Experienced Member
This started happening and after some research it seems like it is a wheel speed sensor. So I go and check the codes and get a code 49 through the TCS light and was confused because Larry B said here that 41,42,44,48 were the RF,LF,RR,LR codes, but no 49.

So, I go to the shop manual and look up code 49 and it says "All Wheel Sensor." Does this actually mean that ALL my wheel speed sensors are bad or could it be something larger that has failed (TCS unit, etc)? I also have the "TCFC Signal" (code 36) from the check engine light, but I believe that is expected with the wheel speed sensor problem.

I took a screenshot of that page of the manual and posted it below.

attachment.php

Attachments

• tcs_codes.jpg
    tcs_codes.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,746
Last edited:
If you look at the chart it is pointing to the TCS UNIT as a point of failure. Also note that the wheel speed sensors connect THROUGH the ABS unit;). Check all connections between these two units as well as all power/ground connections.

HTH,
LarryB

i recently got tires replaced and an alignment job done. Right afterward, my top speed is 40. The green TCS light is blinking everytime i step on the gas. I can drive normally with the TCS off. Any solution? also how do i check to see if the speed sensors are still good.

i recently got tires replaced and an alignment job done. Right afterward, my top speed is 40. The green TCS light is blinking everytime i step on the gas. I can drive normally with the TCS off. Any solution? also how do i check to see if the speed sensors are still good.

So what size tires??

Hi Ruy & M-P !
Sorry for my english, I live in france ;)

Since 1 week, I have exactly the same problems : code 36 on ECU / code 49 on TCS + limp/hesitations during the acceleration.

I followed your various advices :
- redo the MAIN RELAY cracked solderings
- clean & scrape the IGNITION SWITCH contacts
......but with no result : the check-TCS indicator still lights 5sec after starting engine

As I turn off the TCS each time I drive my nsx (by the "TCS OFF" button), I thought use the TCS disable method by pulling both connectors off the TCS computer :
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Disable_TCS_ALB

But the BIG BIG problem is the ALB cannot work with this solution !!!

I'm desperate !!
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
My problem is solved :smile:
It was a ground fault :
I have found 7 volt between the chassis ground and the ALB/Security Unit rack behind the glove box.
At this point the ground was strangely lost, however this rack is attached to the body !
So I have put a wire between the ALB rack and the main ground, and now all works perfectly (ALB, TCS, etc).
I hope this can help :wink:

Back