• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

TCS Light Blinking

So over the weekend I put some new wheels on my 91. I put the newer 02 wheels with some fresh rubber.
Front : 215/45/17
Rear : 255/40/17
I was reading on this, but didnt make 100% sense to me so I thought I would post and see what type of response I could get on it.
After I put on the wheels and took it around the block the car wouldnt let me go over about 30 mph and the TCS light just kept blinking. No check engine light, just the blinking tcs light. Any suggestions?

The reason for the TCS blinking is because you have the incorrect front tire size.
The front tire needs to be a 215/40/17.
Change to that tire and your TCS problem will disappear.

Is there anyway to turn it off or avoid it, since I just put up the money for brand new tires and the company that makes the tires dont make that specific tire size in the tire that I got.

Is there anyway to turn it off or avoid it, since I just put up the money for brand new tires and the company that makes the tires dont make that specific tire size in the tire that I got.
Well, you could turn off the TCS by using the button that Acura placed in a hidden location where you'd never see it - on the dashboard - and decided to make it even more mysterious by labeling it with the cryptic acronym "TCS"... :biggrin:

Personally, instead of disabling a safety feature (and living with tires that rub in the wheel wells), I'd take the tires back to the tire dealer and get ones that fit. Some really good tires come in 215/40-17 and 255/40-17, including the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec and Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08 (for the very best performance) and the Kumho Ecsta LE Sport (for longer treadlife at the expense of a slight reduction in performance).

Last edited:
how did you arrive at the 215/45 size for the tire?

Well I know I was supposed to go with a 215/40/17, but the closest tire Hankook had to that which is a tire sponsor on my other car was that, so I decided to go with that.

- - - Updated - - -

The TCS button is not working. is there a fuse that I can remove to turn that off?

I recently ran into the same problem, and still have it right now. Just like someone mentioned above, I don't want to spend more money on buying another set of tires. I bought the ones I have now used. Previously I was running 285/35/18 in the rear then switched it up to 275/40/18. I currently have 215/40/17 front. Got TCS light flashing now. My questions is, can I turn off the TCS for an extended amount of time without damaging anything? Basically want the tires to run their course and get the proper size ones later.

It's my understanding that once the system detects an error while active it goes into a failsafe mode so the TCS button would not work. You can try doing a reset by removing the ALB2,3 fuse for three seconds and then turning TCS off before driving but not sure if it will work. Should be fuse #32 in the underhood fuse relay box.

Mike

Back