• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Technical Discussion of the NSX 2.0

I'd like to keep this thread devoted to discussion of the engineering behind the NSX 2.0. Please keep it devoted to details of the Engine, Hybrid powertrain, AWD system, and chassis as they are uncovered in the coming year. I'd like to save "I want this!" or "Honda should have given us a V10!" for other threads please. Only what we know here.

To start things off, here's a Higher detailed version of the NSX Concept press video that shows some very interesting wireframe animations starting at 0:58 and again at 1:40.

NSX Concept Animation

We can see the 3 electric motors in action, with all 3 contributing to recharging the mid-mounted Lithium battery pack during regenerative braking; the pack appears to be located behind the bulkhead where the fuel tank is located in the NA1.

The front motors are mounted inboard, and provide positive torque to the outside wheel during cornering and negative torque / regeneration to the inside wheel. At the 1:40 mark in the video, you can clearly see that some positive torque is applied to both motors in addition to the rear motor in straight line acceleration as well.

The rear motor appears to contribute to RWD only, and is integrated with the Dual Clutch transmission, and appears to sit slightly aft of the gearbox, which is placed to the left of the transversely-mounted Direct Injection VTEC V6 engine.

Back