• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ted Klaus video

I did not see this video listed, saw this over on the NSX Europe Facebook page. Hope it is not a repost. Ted gives a nice explanation of certain aspects of the car that I was unaware of.

http://youtu.be/b-q4uLMvfVA

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Helps put a lot of what I saw at the unveiling into perspective. The interior looks similar to the 1st gen. Didn't realize there was so many hidden vents in the car.

I enjoyed the interior perspective and the downforce demonstration. I can't wait to sit in one now and I'm very curious of the top speed of one now.

There's clearly been a lot of thought put into this car and the details are beginning to come out.
Most interesting about the airflow management.
If this same attention to detail is carried on throughout the whole car we may find there's more technical advancements than we thought.

I note Ted was vague on the suspension.
Wonder what innovations we'll see there?

The view out the front glass does indeed seem pretty similar to the first-gen NSX. Looking forward to more hands-on demonstrations and details.

Cool find! Had not seen that one yet.

Really gets me stoked for seeing the car in person. I am starting to like the interior a lot more now.

There's clearly been a lot of thought put into this car and the details are beginning to come out.
Most interesting about the airflow management.
If this same attention to detail is carried on throughout the whole car we may find there's more technical advancements than we thought.

+1! Overall, it very much seems that they have tried to think of everything like Honda used to be so well known for. I remember when I was a teenager 30 years ago or so, and I first saw the way Honda, before anyone else it seemed, had a cool solution to the gas cap that made the fuel door a little perch for it. These little things seemed to be the Honda magic as they were starting out and now perhaps that magic is back.

I was curious about the Continentals and was encouraged to hear they looked at other options before deciding on them. Starting out, I just assumed they would have Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s or Pirelli Trofeos. Hopefully they aren't missing another level of traction with the Contis.

Instantly recognized that he was talking to a foreign interviewer. I catch myself doing the same when talking: slow, deliberate, and enunciating well.

Great video! And some great airflow discussion that I haven't heard elsewhere or in other cars.

Great video and a very good look at the car with Ted explaining all those things he couldn't reveal at NSXPO, that must have been very frustrating for him at the time!

So many DNA similarities to our NSX's, excellent.

The video makes the shape of the car look better than still photos. I'm a little concerned about the seats, there does not appear to be much head room and the seats are very thick with your butt quite a bit higher than the floor of the car. I think they could have made the seat lower.

I noticed Ted's head seemed very close to the headliner but it was dark and hard to see just how much headroom there was.
I'm hoping it is at least as much as our NSX's have.

Once the camera man came down a bit and the lighting was just right, I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of space above Ted's head. Seems like more space than Gen 1 NSX's. I'm only 5'10" and my head clears the headliner by only 1/2 inch. Interesting to see that the headliner wasn't flat at all, it was like a cavity. Looking forward to sitting in one some day.

Overall, I love everything about the car except the looks of the front.

Yeah there was definitely a ton of headroom; Ted pointed out it was better for taller drivers and should have helmet space too. We'll see how that translates to a targa variant though...

He seams to be pushing the track aspect of the car a lot. He's going to be selling it to a different demographic. I wonder, how many of those folks will actually track the car? I hope many will since that's the only way to enjoy the higher performance.

My favorite part is at 8:07

"It's very nice"

Cracks me up.

Regarding tires, I wonder if they gave any special consideration to Yokohama for nostalgia?

Or Goodyear keeping with the "Made in America" theme?

Back