• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tein flex coil over with EDFC installation shop recommendations

I just got my Tein flex coil overs and EDFC. If it was a basic coil over system, I would not be picky regarding installation, but the EDFC is another component not all shops would be familiar with. Is there any preferred shop around the san gabriel valley that can install this type of suspension?

since you live in los angeles, I would suggest taking a little field trip to Auto Wave, masters of the NSX and aftermarket installs...imo. I brought in a set of buddy club racing spec coilovers. They had never seen this setup and have said that they were use to Tein installs. Call them up. Won't hurt to ask.

Forget Autowave too expensive! Take it to Rob @ SpeedOracle :D

They may be a little pricey, but you get what you pay for.

This may be true most of the time... I've never personally dealt w/ AutoWave so I can't say anything bad about them. But I think you'd be better off doing the install yourself and saving some $$$ Spend the weekend doing it. I just installed my coilovers and had a blast! Took us about twice as long but once you know the tricks its fine!!

...But I think you'd be better off doing the install yourself and saving some $$$ Spend the weekend doing it. I just installed my coilovers and had a blast! Took us about twice as long but once you know the tricks its fine!!

It's typically better to do the install yourself, but if you don't have time, the right tools, or just not a gear head, sometimes you have to send to a shop to for installs.

They may be a little pricey, but you get what you pay for.

an install is an install. your not buying a nsx vs a civic. :wink:

done many of these, if you want to pay more for a profeshional install of same quality then that is your choice.

your implying their work is better. have you done business with me or seen my work?

thanks.

Rob:smile:

sorry rob, didn't mean offend you. i've heard great thnigs about your shop as well. i've only been to auto wave inc since it's closer. didn't mean to offend in anyway.

Long

lol no worries.

the reason why I dont NEED and dont WANT to charge crazy prices is because my shop is not how I pay the bills. Any customer to my shop knows that its as much as a play ground for myself as it is a shop.

unlike other shops, where the operation is their sole income, multiple employees, large over head, they have to charge high prices to pay the bills and more importantly take $ home.

in my case, nsx community gets a good nsx mechanic who charges reasonable rates for solid work and I can have people who help pay the rent for the shop so I can provide a great service at a good price.

my goal is just to pay the rent + utilities for the shop. that's is it and im a happy camper, for the times i dont, not a big deal. you can not get rich from a shop. as I have said many times, I work on the cars for the love. I dont work on an rag tag cars since I dont enjoy working on them. I would have a lot more business if I opened for just anyone that wants a tune up but that would be a waste of my abilities and take me away from the cars I enjoy working on. im open only by appointments but I dont mind staying late or till the stroke of dawn if an fellow nsx owner needs their car the next day.

I have my other businesses to pay the bills.

I hope to see you in the future.

regards

Rob :wink:

Last edited:
Back