• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Tempting 2005 Acura NSX I'm looking at

-X-

Registered Member
JH4NA21695S000025

http://www.bigwheelcity.com/view/1087/Silver-2005-Acura-NSX-in-Cleveland-TN

Has anyone ever seen/know about this car? It seems to have been in an accident before and the carfax link in their dealership page doesn't work =(. I have been able to bring it down to 29,000 with a trade-in with a 2006 Acura RL. I really want to purchase this car of my dreams but I don't know if i'm doing the right thing or if the price is right. I don't know much about the NSX's but I guess registering to NSXprime is the first step. Thanks for any help or reply! Looking forward to joining this community sooner than later!

putting the VIN in to our search yields the following threads:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...JH4NA21695S000025?highlight=JH4NA21695S000025
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...025-Rebuilt-Title?highlight=JH4NA21695S000025
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-jhna21695s000025?highlight=JH4NA21695S000025
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...00025-63k-mile-05?highlight=JH4NA21695S000025

First link yields this photo of the accident:
attachment.php

welcome, have you seen the car in person? i believe that nsxbaby has seen the car in person. i would get in touch with him.

JH4NA21695S000025

http://www.bigwheelcity.com/view/1087/Silver-2005-Acura-NSX-in-Cleveland-TN

Has anyone ever seen/know about this car? It seems to have been in an accident before and the carfax link in their dealership page doesn't work =(. I have been able to bring it down to 29,000 with a trade-in with a 2006 Acura RL. I really want to purchase this car of my dreams but I don't know if i'm doing the right thing or if the price is right. I don't know much about the NSX's but I guess registering to NSXprime is the first step. Thanks for any help or reply! Looking forward to joining this community sooner than later!

thats not that bad of a hit. I say go for it. but...... it makes me think with that small of a hit why didnt they go OEM to repair it? cuz CHEAPER aftermarket hood.... then if they went cheap on the hood, did they go cheap anywhere else?

wow thanks guys, great depth of info in such a short amount of time. The links were great, i was able to find them after I made my first post. I'm feeling a bit more confident on the purchase since there is a so called Larry would could look at the car and a shop in poughkeepsie near me in New York that could take a good look at the car. I also noticed the cheap replacement parts which I'm willing to replace, I'm just hoping everything is straight and that the motor isn't gonna bail on me right away and make this purchase regrettable. I have had nothing but Acuras in my life, 2 95 Acura Legend sedans, 2 95 Acura Legend coupes and an Acura RL and am a active member at acuralegend.org and acurazine and i've thought of owning an nsx but living in NY has held me away from the NSX but as I'm getting older I started realizing I need to learn to spoil myself. I just sent another message to the seller, Thanks again!

Last edited:
Just stay off the streets in the Bronx with it and you'll be fine, Long Island is the ideal place for an NSX.

Hey Juan, welcome aboard! It's good to see you on here. Glad to hear you're going to join the NSX family. Keep us posted on your dialogue with the seller.
I need to learn to spoil myself. I just sent another message to the seller, Thanks again!
Right on! You deserve it. You'll love it :D

Nothing wrong with owning one in NY, many of us here

I've seen a couple in LI and Westchester but none really in the city, and that's where I am lol

x2. And I own 2... :D

Looking at your avatar pic I think I have seen your car up by Yonkers by a Metro North Station in this condo complex, it looked great with black wheels

Just stay off the streets in the Bronx with it and you'll be fine, Long Island is the ideal place for an NSX.

That's the problem, I live very close to the bx lol

Hey Juan, welcome aboard! It's good to see you on here. Glad to hear you're going to join the NSX family. Keep us posted on your dialogue with the seller.

Right on! You deserve it. You'll love it :D

Thanks tyson! seeing your pic inspired me to get it even more. I'll keep you updated

Hi guys I took the leap and purchased this 2005 NSX with the VIN # JH4na21695s000025 after I had the car taken to and gone over by Walker Acura in New Orleans. The Service Manager (also a NSX owner) did a overall review of the car for me. He said the car is in very good shape. I then flew out my mechanic and fellow NSX owner to look at the car after hearing all the chatter about this vehicle. I found the police report and the picture of the car damage thanks to you guys on NSXPrime. Not all that significant in the scope of things. My mechanic did his review and he completed the purchase of the car for me and drove it back to Phoenix (1,500 miles) and he said the car drove great. I need a windshield sprayer nozzle and a O-2 sensor replaced. The car is in great shape and beautiful. I looked for an NSX for a year and now I've got one.

I the new owner of this maligned wonder car, state that this fabulous motor car is no clunker. I've had this car gone over by the very best here in Phoenix. I started with North Scottsdale Acura, then to Science of Speed (the very best in working and fixing the NSX in the southwest US) and Elwood Body Works, the place where people that take the cars go to get body work done. What I've discovered is that much of the restoring of the car, after the accident wasn't done in the best way. I have a meticulously plan to totally restored the car back to its original being. Don at Elwood Body Work stated to me after measuring the distance between the outside edges of the rims on both sides of the car and determined that there is less than 1/8" difference in length between the both sides of the car. His statement to me was that he felt that the frame isn't bent. I will follow up with Don and Elwood Body Work to restore this car to its original state. Science of Speed changed out the sensors and replaced a few non-treated bolts and plans to replace a shield that was missing along with additional several bolts and brackets that were either incorrect parts or simply missing. Soon this car will be restored to such an extent that I'm simply going to enjoy driving it here in the sun of Arizona. Open to your feedback. By the way I'll post relevant invoices and notes as I go about my work to make this car right.

Back