• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Test Drive Videos

OK, we all have seen how crappy sales have been.

Acura recently started supporting dealerships having Demo cars.

Fresno Acura has posted a few videos of their test drives.

The drivers all had a great time, but your don't see the kind of emotion you get in an F or L car.

No surprise but kind of an indicator on why sales are not where they should be.

Once you watch this video, you can click on Fresno Acura and you will see the others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGXBw-8T228

Thanks for sharing. Emotion is a tough metric when the NSX has 0.0% share of the for "Dream car poster in 12 year old boys' bedrooms" market.

I continue to think that test drives must include a WOT run in Track Mode for people to get a feel for the car. I think this is a better test than a launch control (which I assume they do not allow), and you don't even need to break the law (much) to get a flavor for the power and composure the car has.

Emotion is a tough metric when the NSX has 0.0% share of the for "Dream car poster in 12 year old boys' bedrooms" market.

100% correct, zero lust factor. and without seriously impressive bench racing stats, not many people will be persuaded...

The drivers all had a great time, but your don't see the kind of emotion you get in an F or L car.

No surprise but kind of an indicator on why sales are not where they should be.

the NSX is a lovely car, no question. as i have said more than a few times, i enjoy it on the road and track. but it simply can't touch a Lamborghini or a Ferrari for excitement in any regard. just sitting in a Huracan or 458 and starting it up is more exhilarating than anything the NSX has, which includes driving it.

unfortunately, there is no way to emotionalise the NSX to an Italian car level. it's Japanese, it simply isn't happening...

I can back this up with my test drive experience. Super cool car, very confident and capable. Can't say I had gooesbumbs though. For me, that's not a big deal as I would be interested in a long term relationship, but I can see how that would impact sales.

unfortunately, there is no way to emotionalise the NSX to an Italian car level. it's Japanese, it simply isn't happening...

The first time I drove the old NSX was 10 years ago, the S2000 15 years ago. The moment I sat in both these vehicles I was immediately excited upon turning the ignition. I loved the reliable engineering combined with fun and that's what Honda was known for. I ended up owning a Prelude, CSX, and S2000 (could never afford an NSX). But I have to say, although not Italian, the cars were extremely emotional in their own right.

Upon driving the new NSX earlier this year, I realized that Honda was still engineering excellence. The launch control was awesome! The hybrid drivetrain blows my mind. The looks and interior were.. pretty good. However, it feels like they now used all their skills to make something an engineering marvel... but not to make it fun. Don't get me wrong, the NSX is "fun" but that's because it has 573 horsepower and 4" off the ground, most things with that much power will be "fun".

The old NSX is like a wooden rollercoaster, it's exciting because it's so raw. But compared to today's rollercoasters, they're slow and use ancient technology. The new NSX is kind of like the new Disneyland rides... they're faster and uses the latest technology... but it's not the most exciting thing out there. I know a lot of people want the new NSX to be like the old NSX, but like asking Disney to install a wooden rollercoaster at Disneyland, it's never gonna happen. Instead, we should be asking Honda to build us a Six Flags: Nitro. That's my dream for the NSX update; I hope they keep what they're doing, but I want them to remember where they came from because, as demonstrated by their sales numbers, that's what the customers want.

Here's a new one from Australia. A bit "bogan" for my liking, but interesting none the less. They pit it against the Nismo version of the GTR - but on the open road, not a race track.

yeah mate, slightly bogan as! :biggrin:

but i'd have the NSX over a GTR any day, road or track...

Interesting pricing disparity in Aus

In the US the NSX is about the same money as a GTR Nismo

In Aus I think I heard that the NSX is 120K Aus dollars more

Back