• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Test Pipes question

Somebody should do a dyno test with an without test pipes. Otherwise the same exhaust parts. Would be really interesting.

Bernhard

At some point you'll want to scrap those early manifolds for something better.
Is the test pipe loud at idle? I'm pretty sure it will be loud at WOT. I got the 1st gen CT exhaust & everything else stock. My test pipe from Mark should coming in soon. What's your opinions?

with stock manifolds test pipes and ct exhaust your combo will not be painfully loud.Let us now how you like it.you really should get a set of true headers though.

Hey docjohn,

I'm hoping you or other Primers could help me on this and i think this post sort of answers my question, but I want to make sure. I have a 91 with comptech sc and a ARK dts exhaust. I bought test pipes and will be installed this coming Monday. Will the test pipes directly fit onto my existing stock headers? I am planning to add on CT headers in the near future, but I want to make sure the test pipes will fit with the stock headers for the time being. Thanks for your help!

Sadly with so many posts you'd think I knew everything ...but I defer to others when it comes to specific technical details. Imo you can get any pipes to fit together with the proper experience.I have never heard of anyone fitting test pipes to the standard na1 manifold collector.

Back