• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The BEAST is back!!!

This vehicle is not mine, wish it was!:biggrin: Belongs to our fellow NSX of Las Vegas club member and long time nsxprime member, Esprit1.
After a very long time away at the engine builder Nelson Racing, this beast is back in town.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NlLcNIuvohM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NlLcNIuvohM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

In the video, the engine is tuned at the lowest boost about 8 lbs and making about 800hp but I saw the dyno sheet on the twin turbo engine and if I can remember it max out at 32lbs psi.
Maybe Paul (Esprit1) can chime in and give us the total specs on this beast!
Congrats on your new beast Paul and hopefully get a ride in your Mosler soon!

Wow. I'd love to see a version of that vid with better sound quality!

Really an amazing car, the only part that disappointed me was @ 39sec when you can see through the front wheel well under the hood. That just doesn't look "finished" to me, but then maybe there is a design reason for it.

Awesome car though- reminds me of the hotwheels I had as a kid.

P

the only part that disappointed me was @ 39sec when you can see through the front wheel well under the hood. That just doesn't look "finished" to me, but then maybe there is a design reason for it.

Its a design feature... it reduces the air pressure in the wheel wells to suck the car down onto the road even more.

Paul got his Mosler back?!?!?! It's been a while, can't wait to see it again. The last time I saw Paul he showed me his dyno run of 1,400+ whp. That must have been at 32 psi of boost you mention.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KFXIuPEqqqw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KFXIuPEqqqw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

good for paul. now he'll have to get shoes to match the color just like he has with the blue devil

He already has one for the last year that he has been waiting for this engine build.:biggrin:
Plus he got a red titanium ring, red watch, etc. to match as well!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

That video was 2 days before Paul got it delivered to him. The person who made that video said that on the last part of the video before they come to the stop sign, the Mosler got up to 160mph!

That car looks awesome. what kinda of car is it? Mosler?
can you put up more pics?

It's a street legal Le Mans race car. I think only 25 were made. The first black one with a supercharger went to George Lucas.
Here are some pics I took for Paul when he took delivery of it last year and he only drove it 3 times before he sent it to Nelson Racing to put a new 427 Warhawk block with twin turbos. The first dyno only netted 1400hp and it blew something and on the second dyno it made 1600hp before the intake tubing made of aluminum collapsed from the force of the twin turbos. The engine was designed by Nelson Racing to produce 1,800hp.
DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

This is the pic of the stock Z06 engine before the engine upgrade.
DSC_0401.jpg

I am comming up to Vegas for the sema show.
any chance of getting a test ride.
Just teasing. I am comming up for Sema with my better half.
The car really really looks great.
first one I have seen. never know much about them.

I am comming up to Vegas for the sema show.
any chance of getting a test ride.
Just teasing. I am comming up for Sema with my better half.
The car really really looks great.
first one I have seen. never know much about them.

You will see her at SEMA. Hope you won't be disappointed......
Best Regards
Paul

Back