• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Best Alignment Shop In So Cal

With due respect to you dedicated folks.....I think Darin gotten his head bigger than he really is. I called one day to set an appointment, and interupted me and said, he is booked. I promptly replied I don't need it right away. All of a sudden he cut me off saying I need to listen, that I didn't listen and to let him talk. Immediately told me to called a few days later at 8:15am to get an appointment for the end of the month. To me, I thought that was rude of him....first to have told me I needed to listen, and to have me call back some other time for an appointment? Why not just take my name down and mark it down on a calendar or something..................even a month to two ahead. Anywhoo.....

With due respect to you dedicated folks.....I think Darin gotten his head bigger than he really is. I called one day to set an appointment, and interupted me and said, he is booked. I promptly replied I don't need it right away. All of a sudden he cut me off saying I need to listen, that I didn't listen and to let him talk. Immediately told me to called a few days later at 8:15am to get an appointment for the end of the month. To me, I thought that was rude of him....first to have told me I needed to listen, and to have me call back some other time for an appointment? Why not just take my name down and mark it down on a calendar or something..................even a month to two ahead. Anywhoo.....

Maybe he read this thread? Sorry to hear about that though.

Darin had me drive the car around the block and I noticed I did not center the steering wheel EXACTLY in the center but it was close.
Jeff

So you sat in the car and centered the wheel yourself while he tightened the bolts underneath?

Is this a tool used to make sure the steering wheel is centered?

attachment.php

When I first called Darrin a few years ago, I was also a little surprised by his phone manners which were, perhaps, a bit abrupt.

What you're experiencing is his meticulus and detail oriented nature...which is EXACTLY what you want when you have someone align your car.

I've had Darrin corner balance and align my S2000 and it's now tight and true for HPDE. After that he also installed my JIC coilovers on the NSX on short notice (someone cancelled on his tight schedule and he worked me in). Installation, corner balance, four wheel alignment (about 8 hours of work) for $450. He let me drive around the block for 4 iterations (drive, back on lift, tweak, drive again) to get the wheel centered spot on. I have not met a tech who spends this much time to make sure you're satisified with the setting.

When you see him, have your desired purpose in mind (canyon drives, HPDE, max track setting, min tire wear, or something inbetween). The setting we arrived at (a mildly aggressive track alignment - he gives you a sheet with all the numbers) has proven an ideal match for my skill level.

Darrin will make you happy.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

BTW, he's actually a very polite person - he lighten's up a little when you're sitting in your car for an hour while he corner balances!

Sorry to hear this but everyone has a bad day. Remember he's a one man show trying to run his business. That fact alone can get a little tough on you. I wouldn't let this experience be a reflection of who he is. Darin not only is the $hit when it comes to suspension prep, but he's a stand up guy. I've had many cool conversations with him over the years while he's aligned my cars.

He's shared with me how grateful he is with how people have responded to his work on multiple car forums. He truly appreciates our business. I believe he's aligned more NSX's and S2k's than anyone else in CA, maybe even the country. Trust me, you want Darin to prepare your car.

Back