• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The best your NSX could ever possibly sound

RYU

Legendary Member
Patron Supporter
Tech Expert
Raise the RPM. Increase the compression. Decrease the stroke. Put a turbo on it then maybe, just maybe, you'll get close to this.

You all wanted that true F1 sound. Well here it is in a V6 (lol)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/431h20gvm3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Last edited:
Ew. Hate it.

The Honda Indycar V8 engine is much nicer sounding.

That audio clip sounds just like my machine polisher as I change the rpms :biggrin:

That audio clip sounds just like my machine polisher as I change the rpms :biggrin:

+1, I thought it sounded like my Rotozip cutting through some wood. Nothing to hear there.

Ick. That doesn't sound good at all. I'd rather mine sound like a JGTC NSX.

Man, the FIA really messed up one of the best aspects of F1: the sound. Good news: Mercedes and Renault sound even worse.

Hey Regan, you've got to wait until you hear the engines on the track. They will sound different. The 80's 1.5L Turbo engines sounded pretty good. The big difference is that there were no fuel restrictions then and the boost was cranked up at will even during the race. I think the new 1,6L will sound just as good.
To refresh my memory, I just watched the 88 Japan GP and had a few goose bumps!
BTW do you know of an inexpensive way to transfer Beta and VHS to a cd.. I recently found in my warehouse two boxes with all the 84-96 F1 races that I had recorded, mostly live.

Couldn't watch the video (says it's Private), but I do like how a big-turbo'ed NSX with an open exhaust sounds;

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MoYGIX7fthM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brian

Hey Regan, you've got to wait until you hear the engines on the track. They will sound different. The 80's 1.5L Turbo engines sounded pretty good. The big difference is that there were no fuel restrictions then and the boost was cranked up at will even during the race. I think the new 1,6L will sound just as good.
To refresh my memory, I just watched the 88 Japan GP and had a few goose bumps!
BTW do you know of an inexpensive way to transfer Beta and VHS to a cd.. I recently found in my warehouse two boxes with all the 84-96 F1 races that I had recorded, mostly live.

Someone give the man an answer so then he can upload them in youtube and we can relive the glory days.

Back