• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Business of Honda

The problem with Acura has always been a marketing and a branding issue. Being out of touch with their customers has led to do those awful designs of the early 2000s. "The Lost Years".

Well, the 2004-2008 TL was pretty good, first gen TSX and MDXs were great too. The last gen TL was horrid aesthetically and the absolute product misses: the ZDX, RL, and ILX constitute, what are "The Lost Years." IMHO, the biggest issue was and continues to be Acura's tepid drivetrain choices. The arrival of the worldwide financial crisis made us miss out on an Acura V8 and V10 and models that would have competed favorably (provided that their designs would be have been appealing).

For this new TLX, it's driving dynamics needs to be very special to overcome the car's understated looks.

Interesting article on how the Japanese auto makers have a better working relationships with their suppliers. Better relationships produce better profitability and competitiveness.

bilde

Article here.

The market's concern about Honda's annual revenue numbers last month seems to have taken their toll. Investor short interest shot up 64.5%.

Details here.

Honda was up for the quarter by a significant margin. It looks like the market isn't confident in the yen remaining weak. But last time I looked their central bank rates were still at 0.0%.

Unfortunately, I'm not too privy re: the HondaJet. Although I do know that they passed FAA Type Inspection cert last month. I think the only thing that remains is flight testing. From what I can tell, Honda's annual statement only makes one mention of HondaJet so I can only suppose that the program expenses are covered in the R&D portion of their "Power Products and Other Businesses" division as part of "Fundamental Research."

The first production plane finally went for its initial flight. The article goes on to say completed certification and entry into service is currently planned for 2015.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/bl...6/first-production-hondajet-takes-flight.html

Back