• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The candle that burns twice as bright lasts 1/2 as long

Add this one to the totalled list (JHNA1159MT001797). It happened three days ago. Taking a long left bank turn, just to find the city's sprinkler system lubing up the #1 lane. Fishtailed, then the center divide, across three lanes, took out a tree, and ended up on the sidewalk; not really sure which order though. Just a few scratches on me, but the driver side of the car is gone. Right side looks good, but the whole uni-body was buckled, as the passenger side door now bows out.

Sad part is that I just put the BBSC, headers, short gears & 4.55, and timing belt service; a big chunk of change within the last 3 months. Tried to post picts, but it didn't work. Maybe I could email someone more inclined to do so; email me and I'll forward ([email protected]).

Any help/info on insurance/buy-back methods would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Z-18: 996TT?? I need a new baby.

[This message has been edited by emvanderpol (edited 26 October 2002).]

[This message has been edited by emvanderpol (edited 26 October 2002).]

Wow..we are all glad to hear Your O.K.!!

Sorry to hear about your car ....
Remember it's just a car ...(Did I say that )..well you know what I mean....

Cheers

Ken

Ouch! Glad to hear you're okay! If you're up to it, do you have pictures you can share? I'm one of those oddballs that wants to see how things fair in a crash.

If you successfully buy the car back and want to sell some of the shiny new bits, drop me a line.

"Have you killed a sprinkler today?"

Well, If any of the parts are ok, i might be interested in buying some and helping you get the new car!
smile.gif

Thanks for the support guys. I emailed the photos to another member. I think he will post them soon.

In regard to the parts, I'm not really sure how that works with the insurance company. I know a lot can be salvaged, but we'll see.

Thanks again

Gene,
Sorry to hear that. Wow, to think that I was there when you put the sypercharged on, and now the NSX is gone, ouch. I am sure that the insurance will take care of this properly, and you will get another car, 996TT will do. Send me the picts, will you, at [email protected].

Please give me a call. I was in the same situation and I may be of help.
John Richards
805-987-7777

[This message has been edited by ANYTIME (edited 26 October 2002).]

MAN! sorry to hear of your crash.thank god your ok.
david
ps the pics look aweful nasty.your one lucky guy.cars can be replaced you cant

Looking at the damage and hearing that you are okay, except for a few scratches, is truly a testament to the strength in the design of this car.

Glad you're okay. Must've been awful.

Thanks again for the support guys. It wasn't fun. They had to use the "jaws of life" to get me out. The NSX is a very strong vehicle, as you can see the roof by the driver side head was bashed in. In addition to the seat being buckled toward the left; and no head contact.

Professionally I'm an Accident Reconstructionist, and Biomechanical Engineer. I primarily analyze injuries due to automobile accidents. Go figure.

Glad to hear you made it out unscathed... but sorry about the car. Hopefully the insurance money will get you back in the driver's seat real soon.

On a slightly different note, Im amazed at your garage. Not only is it clean and empty it has doors on both sides? Did I interpret the pictures correctly?

Originally posted by emvanderpol:
Professionally I'm an Accident Reconstructionist, and Biomechanical Engineer. I primarily analyze injuries due to automobile accidents. Go figure.

How would you evaluate the cause(s) of your accident?

My condolences.

As long as you are okay, but get yourself checked with the doc just in case.

Incidents like these make you realize how you can lose things in the blink of an eye. Thanks goodness your life isn't one of them.

Originally posted by emvanderpol:
P.S. Z-18: 996TT?? I need a new baby.

Originally posted by Joel:

As long as you are okay, but get yourself checked with the doc just in case.

Yes, based on your initial post, you obviously have suffered some serious head trauma as you are apparently not contemplating replacing your NSX with another NSX
confused.gif

Sorry to hear about the accident, but very happy you are (otherwise) OK
biggrin.gif

guys I really dont want to be a jerk but the guy just totaled his car and is lucky to be alive and some of you are swooping in like vultures already hitting him up for salvage parts.think about it.flame all you want..i dont care
david

guys I really dont want to be a jerk but the guy just totaled his car and is lucky to be alive and some of you are swooping in like vultures already hitting him up for salvage parts.think about it.flame all you want..i dont care
david

I agree with David, but in all fairness I think that the parts posts were before the pictures were put up, and I don't therefore believe the original posters realized the extent of the damage -- which obviously looks quite severe. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Its looks like the airbag deployed. I know that everything probably happened very quickly, but curious if you know how much this helped (ie, did you face snap towards the front, or did the airbags actually get in the way).

Regards.

[This message has been edited by NSXaholic (edited 27 October 2002).]

Originally posted by BadCarma:
david

Only NetViper and Reason asked for salvaged parts. It's pretty unfair to paint everyone with such broad strokes.

i'm not an nsx owner, but i'm curious to know -- is fishtailing the most common cause of lost of control? and does it occur because the nsx is a rear-wheel drive and not a forward-wheel drive?

WOW Gene!!!

Geez, I heard thru the grapevine but had no idea it was that bad!!! I am very glad to hear that you are ok!

Looking at the damage I would have imagined more than just a few scratches on ya! ... thank fate that you are ok!

For you being a big guy I am also glad to hear that you didnt get your head smacked by the roof!

Did the airbag smack ya???

Anything you need, let me know!

-Brad Swisher

Back