• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Drive to Whistler

Even better on a bike years ago before the twinned the Hwy for the Olympics.........used to be scary!

Just returned from a ski trip in Vancouver BC and couldn't help but think that the drive from North Vancouver to Whistler in an NSX must be incredible!

I did the exact same trip to and from in my NSX on Sunday while the weather was fantastic. The drive was epic!!

GECKO is right as well, it used to be scary and i have done multiple rides up on my bike.

Vancouver to Whistler is nice but it gets better not too far out of Whistler. Went to Lillooet a couple times last summer, most fun I have ever had with the car. Road is almost all new pavement now except for the last 20km before Lillooet.
Have also done this route many times on motorcycle and its just as good. Makes for a hard decision when I plan on going.

I agree. The run up to Whistler is a hoot but used to be much more challenging before the major improvements were completed. If you are really in the mood for a challenge, try an agressive drive up the Fraser canyon route.

I've only ever done it in a bus when i have flown up there for a skiing holiday but always thought damn wouldnt mind having my car here its a beautiful part of the world, love the skiing in Whistler

It's a great drive, or at least it was when I did it in the summer of 2009. There was some construction going on at the time for the Olympics but it was still one of the best drives I've been on, even in a rental car.

We also drove a number of awesome routes through the rockies on the way to Kelowna.

Only problem is the cops - they use helicopters almost every day there.

Back