• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The fix-it list keeps growing...

I don't know why you would feel bad - maintenance is just part of the deal with these cars.

Now if you've been following Chad's complaining and then have checked out the ebay bids - damn the car is at 21,500 or something - more than the dude paid for the car - he's one of those lucky ass stiffs that just stumbled into a good deal - flipped when he realized the car needed a bunch of stuff, couldn't afford it apparently, and now is selling - if he actually paid 14k for the car - the dude is now up 6k- why feel bad for him!

Damn we oughta be happy that the car will now have an owner that can afford the car and will fix it up and get in great shape , join prime and be a member we can relate to.

Sorry Chad, no offense man, but looks like you are going to bail out with cash in hand - good for you. Be glad you got a good deal and that you are off the hook dude. Obviously you couldn't afford the car in the first place and have learned a valuable lesson and now you're going to get a bonus for getting an education.

Unreal man - from complaining to smiling and waving! Awesome dude - must be your day or week or whatever! Good luck in the future and your lucky this didn't cost you! Take care and maybe one day you'll be able to try it again!

I don't know why you would feel bad - maintenance is just part of the deal with these cars.

Now if you've been following Chad's complaining and then have checked out the ebay bids - damn the car is at 21,500 or something - more than the dude paid for the car - he's one of those lucky ass stiffs that just stumbled into a good deal - flipped when he realized the car needed a bunch of stuff, couldn't afford it apparently, and now is selling - if he actually paid 14k for the car - the dude is now up 6k- why feel bad for him!

Damn we oughta be happy that the car will now have an owner that can afford the car and will fix it up and get in great shape , join prime and be a member we can relate to.

Sorry Chad, no offense man, but looks like you are going to bail out with cash in hand - good for you. Be glad you got a good deal and that you are off the hook dude. Obviously you couldn't afford the car in the first place and have learned a valuable lesson and now you're going to get a bonus for getting an education.

Unreal man - from complaining to smiling and waving! Awesome dude - must be your day or week or whatever! Good luck in the future and your lucky this didn't cost you! Take care and maybe one day you'll be able to try it again!

Isn't that kind of harsh to say that he couldn't afford the car? Even if you have inside information regarding his finances, I don't think I would reveal it on a public forum.

The ad said he and his wife are expecting their first child.

First of all I have absolutely no inside information about Chad at all and absolutely no secret financial info - I am not being harsh at all either. I am merely applying logic to the circumstances and have followed this thread since it started. However I did not read the ad carefully and have now.

You know it's interesting when you here of guys buying an NSX and selling it about 6 mos. later - it's kind of sad to see a car passed around by folks who do not take the advice that is so easy to obtain on Prime. How many posts are there expounding on the issues of maintenance costs? Something just about every week - right. So hey, Chad is coming out of this thing smelling like a rose isn't he - did you check the ebay auction? Well I did and I have no ill feelings toward Chad at all and am being very frank and honest. I think he will know that when he finally gets out from under this thing with a tidy little profit I might add.

He obviously likes the car and had started doing thing to it - like a radio. Have you read this entire thread - he bought the car for 14k and was complaining that he had things to do on the car - geezy peazy what did he expect. He got what is termed a steal of a deal on that car and that is it - now he's coming out fine. There is no room for a baby seat - we know that and that surely may be what fueled this sale - plain and simple. I still say that if he hadn't been having his first child - his previous posts do make one wonder. It surely made a bunch of primers wonder if you noticed. I don't mean any harm to Chad and I hope the best for him and his new family! Now he'll have something for the college fund won't he! I'd say ole Chad did mighty well on this one.

Last edited:
First of all I have absolutely no inside information about Chad at all and absolutely no secret financial info - I am not being harsh at all either. I am merely applying logic to the circumstances and have followed this thread since it started. However I did not read the ad carefully and have now.

You know it's interesting when you here of guys buying an NSX and selling it about 6 mos. later - it's kind of sad to see a car passed around by folks who do not take the advice that is so easy to obtain on Prime. How many posts are there expounding on the issues of maintenance costs? Something just about every week - right. So hey, Chad is coming out of this thing smelling like a rose isn't he - did you check the ebay auction? Well I did and I have no ill feelings toward Chad at all and am being very frank and honest. I think he will know that when he finally gets out from under this thing with a tidy little profit I might add.

He obviously likes the car and had started doing thing to it - like a radio. Have you read this entire thread - he bought the car for 14k and was complaining that he had things to do on the car - geezy peazy what did he expect. He got what is termed a steal of a deal on that car and that is it - now he's coming out fine. There is no room for a baby seat - we know that and that surely may be what fueled this sale - plain and simple. I still say that if he hadn't been having his first child - his previous posts do make one wonder. It surely made a bunch of primers wonder if you noticed. I don't mean any harm to Chad and I hope the best for him and his new family! Now he'll have something for the college fund won't he! I'd say ole Chad did mighty well on this one.

Yes, I've followed the thread from the beginning. Yes, I read the ad. Remember, I pointed out that he states he is selling the car because he and his wife are having their first child. And, I assume by your post, you didn't read the ad prior to your post questioning his finances. Logic? You state you have no information regarding him or his finances. That's not logic. That's speculation. Please help me understand how you "logically" deduce he can not afford the car? For you to state information regarding his personal finances on a public forum without any information is not logical at all. It's a cheap shot. People that post here deserve better than that.

Tim,

I picked up Chad from the airport when he came to Charlotte to buy his silver NSX. IMO he didn't seem to be struggling at all, so saying he can't afford the car is kind of harsh.

He was a very nice guy and even paid for lunch! Thanks Chad!

I was unaware that he paid so little for the car, I thought he paid 18-19k...oh well, not my concern.

It looks like he has done some upgrades, wheel/tires exhaust, wing, radio. And some maintenance, I believe the car needed a clutch, so he may not be making ANY money on it. If he does good for him, nothing wrong with that.

I hope it goes to a good home and I'm sure at sometime Chad will be back behind the wheel of another NSX.

Last edited:
Yes, I've followed the thread from the beginning. Yes, I read the ad. Remember, I pointed out that he states he is selling the car because he and his wife are having their first child. And, I assume by your post, you didn't read the ad prior to your post questioning his finances. Logic? You state you have no information regarding him or his finances. That's not logic. That's speculation. Please help me understand how you "logically" deduce he can not afford the car? For you to state information regarding his personal finances on a public forum without any information is not logical at all. It's a cheap shot. People that post here deserve better than that.

Dtrigg,

Obviously I hadn't read the ad that was posted with the sale on ebay when I wrote my first of these latest posts and I was going on the previous posts here in the thread. I'm just way off on this one - he's obviously pretty smart to have found this one for 14k. Sorry if I've offended. Maybe jumped to conclusions a bit.

Last edited:
Actually, I would interpret it that he did actually get a lot of the things fixed/replaced that he had on his original list, (if you look at the ebay listing and the list of recent work done) and is probably close to breaking even on the car, which in itself is pretty good. Maybe after all the remarks on the thread about just "get the stuff done", he did....and then within a short time period found out they were prego...I can relate (sold my Prelude way back when for a Accord sedan when we first got the news)..anyway, or possibly found out about the addition to the family and then decided to get everything done to make it more sale-able.....again, I can relate....my car/house, whatever, always looks the best just when I put them up for sale...always fix up all those "little things" to make it as appealling to would-be buyers. My wife always complains about my anal habit of lining the carpet front to back with vinyl carpet runner under the seats...from day one when we buy it.....it typically does not come off until I sell the car....she says, we lived with plastic for years, while now when you sell it, some one else gets the "new car smell"....oh well...
Chad, good luck with the sale and the addition to the family. I have a feeling your just recovering your costs, which is fair, and your buyer will feel good that for just over $20 grand, he got a well cared for NSX with some nice functional mods....its all good!

Hmmmm, this is a little suspect, was Tim right?
Was Chad's car repoed before he could sell it on EBAY?
I'm just speculating when I met Chad, he seemed to have it all together, I don't get it?? Chad??

REPO AD:
JH4NA1154MT003201

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991...8799725?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item27b58028ed
This 1991 Acura NSX is being auctioned off due to Bank Repo. At the end of the auction the highest bidder will be the new owner. This is not a reserve auction!!!! Please only bid if you are going to complete the sale. This 1991 Acura NSX is as nice as they come for a car this old. It is in excellent shape both inside and out. The exterior is silver with a black top. The interior is also in great shape with black leather seats, and an aftermarket radio. The original radio and dash that goes over the radio are in the trunk, you can see them in the pictures. If your looking for a older model Acura that is still in great shape then this is the car for you!! If you have any questions please call Chris Richards at 256-312-xxxx

CHADS AD:JH4NA1154MT003201
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991...5836428?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f0327240c

My wife and I are expecting our first, and, since a baby seat cannot fit in the trunk, I am forced to sell my NSX. I shopped for over a year until I found this car, and am really going to miss her.

Here are the details:
1991 Acura NSX, silver (1 of 276 imported in this color), ~97,800k miles, all records, 5 speed.

I replaced the OEM wheels with 18" OZ ultraleggera wheels and tires, less than 1k miles ago. Aligned and high speed, on-car balance by Butler tire in Buckhead.

I am the third owner of this NSX- the first owner sold it after suffering a stroke in the mid-90's, I purchased the car from the second owner, who is just as meticulous as I am when it comes to care for the car. This car lived in Charlotte, NC it's whole life, serviced at the same dealer (by the same mechanic!) until I brought it to Atlanta last April.

90k Mile service
New master clutch cylinder at 60k miles
The car was in one minor accident (this will show on the carfax) when the first owner forgot to put the parking brake on and it rolled down his driveway into a small tree, causing the passenger's side quarter panel to be replaced. No frame damage, clean title. Typical chips for a car this age, I only use Zaino products on this car and it looks fantastic.

A/C works great
Car has a Dali racing catback exhaust, it replaced the OEM oval exhaust and is on par with the stock sound levels
K&N air filter
Downforce air intake scoop
HID headlights
Jetz Carbon fiber Type-R rear wing (Real carbon fiber, identical to the OEM NSX-R wing)
I replaced the stock stereo with a double din Pioneer receiver with ipod hookup in the glove box
Both window regulators replaced less than 200 miles ago
Dali driver's seat insert for tall guys (a must have if you're tall) Original seat insert included.
Never smoked in
Never seen a track or autocross event!
Adult driven
All OEM parts included (if buyer wants)
I only use Zaino products on this car, it looks fantastic.
Oil and transmission fluid change less than 1k miles ago.

I was wondering about this one as well. I thought it looked familar. The location was throwing me though.

Damn, this doesn't look good at all - but while I was getting raked over the coals for my little take on things i thought he had it sold. Well Mknmoves it looks like something happened. I will say this - Chad hasn't been around to speak up about anything. Sounds like things just got out of hand for Chad.

I don't wish anything bad on anyone but it looks like Chad may have gotten in over his head. Before anyone jumps me I'm not beating the guy up - it's a comment based on my gut read on this and it looks like I may have been right but it doesn't look like he was allowed to sell to get out from under. Damn that's sad - I'm sorry to see this. Repo assholes. Who knows what happened. I guess we'll never really know exactly. Hope ole Chad is ok.

I got my car for what would be considered "cheap" but with expected maintenance pretty much due right when I bought it. Thus the low asking price by the seller.

My To-Do list of parts that failed within the first 3 months of ownership would double the cost of that list lol. Thats just in parts too, I do the labor myself.

Timing belt service
Tires
Brakes F+R
All expected when purchased and taken care of right away, spendy none the less.

Not expected after just spending a large amount of money...
Leaking ABS unit
Failed climate module
Failed clutch
Drivers door lock switch intermittently causes door to lock itself
Intake bellows torn
Right inner axle boot torn
Clunk from FR wheel - suspected sway link?
Failed starter contacts

But, its also a 91 and nearly two decades old so cant say that I am butt hurt over it. Just a lot to handle all at once. List is slowly but surely being taken care of and hopefully when all done the majority of the problematic components will be good to go. Knock on wood haha.

Back