• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"The liberation has begun"

Watching FOX news, sirens going off in Baghdad and a rather large explosion on the horizon. Ari Fleisher has just confirmed the liberation is now underway. Godspeed to our troops in harm's way.

------------------
'91 Black/Ivory NSX
'89 Gray/Gray F-16C

It sure looks like were gonna try and surgically strike leadership 1st. While the ordinance they use may not get the job done initially w/the depth of those bunkers it would make sense to isolate their command and insert ground forces at those specific locations if those positions can be defended from any advance from Iraq ground forces do to their inability to communicate. That way they could possibly avoid street fighting, civilian loss of life and do the least damage to the infrastructure. I'd be willing to bet they have a good idea that the sorry sob is at one of the locations were hitting.

Lets just hope this isn't like putting a match to the barn full of fireworks...

Saddam seems to have some tricks up his sleeve... I have a feeling its going to get really nasty. =\

The next decade is going to be much more of a challenge this day and age with people on the brink of war at every street corner...

-Electro

did anybody catch the coverage with the analyst who said "I cant reveal everthing that we know right now", and then seconds later revealed that it was a strike against iraqi leadership???

You could actually see how real time coverage has become. This guy, while on tv, had information that he had to wait to tell us. You could actually see the moment in real time that the information was 'authorized' for public consumption.

uncanny.

really amazing also how open the coverage has become, especially having correspondents 'embedded' with the troops.

also rather stupid when the correspondents ask troops, "can you tell us where you are right now" and they have to respond "that wouldnt be a good idea".

Originally posted by huckster:

also rather stupid when the correspondents ask troops, "can you tell us where you are right now" and they have to respond "that wouldnt be a good idea".

lol.
The news is very interesting now. I hope all our troops come home quickly and safely.

The embedded troops is very interesting concept.

one reporter on CNN said he was at the north of the kuwait border, and when the order is given they will roll straight up to baghdad.

although vague, i still would have thought that was too much information.

Back