• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The longest game (in the lossing team's view).

That coach that beat the team that should be fired. As an adult, you should know not to do that to kids. Thats just wrong in my opinion. He should of pulled all of his starters and let the younger guys have a shot for a while. At least let the team score a few more times.

sidetracked3 said:
That coach that beat the team that should be fired. As an adult, you should know not to do that to kids. Thats just wrong in my opinion. He should of pulled all of his starters and let the younger guys have a shot for a while. At least let the team score a few more times.

A. He did.

B. That teaches a horrible lesson. You should not do your best if you are excelling beyond you peers? You should be ashamed of being superior? Horrible lessons.

Dave Hardy said:
That teaches a horrible lesson. You should not do your best if you are excelling beyond you peers? You should be ashamed of being superior? Horrible lessons.
Exactly right.
Moral of the Story, life isn’t fair, these kids just got an early lesson, consider them lucky they learned this now not when it is too late.

Dont get me wrong I am all about winning, I HATE to lose. But thats just embarassing to the other team, If the coach put in his 2nd and 3rd string then he did nothing wrong, but if he left his starters in then I would have to say that was wrong. I just feel bad for them, I couldnt imagine showing my face at school after a beating like that.

sidetracked3 said:
I just feel bad for them, I couldnt imagine showing my face at school after a beating like that.
You shouldn't feel that bad since the basketball team is almost 1/4 of the schools population.

Hanna High School Only 34 students enrolled in the school, and the towns population is only 562. I think that explains it.

Last edited:
sidetracked3 said:
Dont get me wrong I am all about winning, I HATE to lose. But thats just embarassing to the other team, If the coach put in his 2nd and 3rd string then he did nothing wrong, but if he left his starters in then I would have to say that was wrong. I just feel bad for them, I couldnt imagine showing my face at school after a beating like that.
The coach played all of the players on his team, and all of them scored. Not much you can do, except for play a player down or tell the usual bench-warmers to not play as well.

Bottomline, that team sucked.
Coach had all players play and kept the clock running the entire second half.

I guess there are a LOT to gain for the losing team.

- They should know by now how far they are from the "regular" teams
- The kids just had a tough lesson the won't forget anytime soon. "It's a tough world out there. No one will do you any favor if YOU are not up to par and compete hard"
- Whatever area they improve on, it will be positive....they can't be any worse...can they.... :tongue:

Losing a ballgame is not the end of the world. You have to look at what's there to gain from this "experience". :rolleyes:

Back