• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Michigan Mile Car Show @ W.K. Kellogg Airport – July 6 & 7

michiganmilefinal_zpsa411837d.jpg
</SPAN></SPAN>

We welcome everyone to attend the first annual Michigan Mile Car Show. This event is scheduled to take place on July 6th & 7th at W.K. Kellogg Airport in Battle Creek, MI and will be offering something that has not been done before….an all-out action packed weekend with some of the hottest, fastest, and most exotic cars you’ve ever seen. Not only that, it will take place at the same time/location as the Michigan Mile standing one-mile timed event and the Battle Creek Airshow. This is truly going to be a family event for all to enjoy. Some drivers will have an opportunity to be able to run the Mile Run on a working airport runway while others will show off their pride and joy in a two day car show. We have opened the show classes to all makes and models and although this is our first show, we have many years of experience to bring to the table. We have teamed up with the Mid Atlantic MEGA MEET organization to help this amazing event. Mischief.tv will also be on hand to provide media coverage, possibly on a new video to be released late summer. We are very excited to offer this event to you and look forward to seeing you. If you’re not participating in the event, spectators are most welcome and encouraged to attend and tickets will be available for purchase at the gate. </SPAN>

CAR SHOW CLASSES</SPAN>

Basic Classes:
- Domestic
- Import
- AWD
- Euro
- Truck/SUV
- Sports Car
- Luxury Sedan/VIP
- Exotic
- Classic/Muscle
- Motorcycle</SPAN>

Best Of Classes (Cash Pay Out TBD):
- Best Domestic
- Best Import
- Best Euro</SPAN>
- Best Classic/Muscle
- Best Truck/SUV
- Best Sports Car
- Best Luxury Sedan/VIP
- Best Exotic
- People's Choice
- Best Of Show</SPAN>

REGISTRATION</SPAN>

Pre-Registration is highly recommended as there are limited spaces available (registration includes 1 weekend wristband).</SPAN>

Please clink on the below link to register….</SPAN>

http://themichiganmile.ticketleap.com/the-michigan-mile--car-show</SPAN>

When asked, “How did you hear about this event?” Please type in “Mid Atlantic MEGA MEET”</SPAN>

When asked, “Referred by?” Please type in “Ryan Leffas”</SPAN>

The Mid Atlantic MEGA MEET is a proud supporter of the Michigan Mile Car Show….this is one event that you should not miss!</SPAN></SPAN>

Thanks again and if you have any questions, please feel free to email the organizers at [email protected].</SPAN>

-Ryan</SPAN>

Hmm. I am going to check my schedule and see if I can head out that weekend. I don't want to be gone 2 days but would go for one. Brian, how fast do you think we can get our red cars going over 1 mile? Let me know if you have any real interest in going. I'll touch base with you directly if I find I'm able to attend that weekend. I'm in middle of a job change this weekend so things are more than a bit nuts at the moment.

Best,
Jeff

The purple car is still apart and it's Waterford Race #3 this weekend, so not us!

Brian

Well, went today and no Primers. There was a red 96 from MN with basic bolt on mods, says he trolls here but had no idea what an NSXPO is.

Anyway his best trap time at the 1 mile mark was 146mph.

Chicken dinner winner (at least when we left) was a GTR @ 185.xx. Think they had one more string of runs coming up.
yjyru5aq.jpg
2a4apyju.jpg
u2ujuvu7.jpg
taqyhygy.jpg
sumevu6e.jpg
qe8azama.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the update, did the weather cooperate or was there some 'liquid sunshine' in the mix ???

Brian

Thanks for the update, did the weather cooperate or was there some 'liquid sunshine' in the mix ???

Brian

It held up well for us on Saturday. It was overcast and looked like a threat of rain but didnt happen while we were there. Overcast was fools gold beacuse my shoulders were burnt.

Heard during Sunday's run, a Switzer R1K GTR ran like a 213mph!! I would have liked to have seen that.

While it was nice to see this year, I would like for them to do a few things differently next year. This year it was a very odd mixed crowd. People were there to see either the cars run the mile, or the air show. Few were there to see both. Also, no seating was provided so if you didnt bring a fold up chair with you (something you shouldnt have to do when paying almost $20 per person). Also, the cars running the mile were a good 120 yards away at the closest viewing angle. Maybe we can move the fence forward another 40 yards next year.

Finally, they advertised all these different show classes for the car show portion. Unless that part of the event was on Friday or Sunday, then there was a serious shortage of show cars. I don't think there were 20 total cars for display, 5 of which ran the mile also. When I read "car show" for an event of this size, I expect to see no fewer than 70 cars.

Hopefully they made enough money this year to better forecast next year. There was probably 30 carnival food vendors there as well. Over kill when looking around. I think the carnival portion was a good idea for the kids, but hopefully next year the air show will be Sunday, and the Michigan Mile Car Show will be Saturday.

Rick ran his FF there on Saturday, check out the write-up and video in this thread;

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ff-f12/414460-ff-michigan-mile-176-mph.html

Brian

Ohh..that was his? The hatchback 458? :D Looks better from a distance IMO. Up close it almost looks like a kit car, something with the front didnt look right. Could have been the large gap between the front wheels and the fender. Wheels looked small too. Still, cool to see as I had never seen one in person. My friend Tom ran his yellow 360 and my friend Eddie ran his Maserati. Lots of nice cars out there.

- - - Updated - - -

http://switzerperformanceinnovation.com/web_en/?p=4610

Back