• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The moment of truth

Glad I wasn't the only one that thought that!! LOL

You could tell she was MAD when he lied because he tried kissing her and she just smiled and turned her cheek, hahaha. Guess he's in the dog house now, and will probably have to look for another profession due to the last question.

Weird, I found this photo of her, but she looks 'different' in so many ways :confused:

tykeck.jpg

What are you guys talking about?

Its the new reality show on Fox. In which contestants are asked personal questions on the air. A polygraph detects whether or not the answer is "true" or "false. The game progresses in monetary increments as each answer is judged "true" Questions get juicier as well as the consolation prize. Unfortunately, the show lags an eternity and breaks to commercial ever chance they get.

What are you guys talking about?

We watched the first guy, but I didn't really enjoy the show. Basically pre-show, they ask someone 50 questions while they are connected to a polygraph. Then on the show they bring in some friends and select 21 to ask you.

You answer the first 6 truthfully, you're eligible to win $10K.
You answer the next 5 truthfully, you're eligible to win $25K
You answer the next 4 truthfully, you're eligible to win $100K
Then 3,2,1 for up to... I think it was $500K.

Each tier, the questions become more uncomfortable and if you answer a SINGLE one falsely, you lose EVERYTHING (including your wife and friends and possibly your job it looks like). You can stop at any time (and keep the money you've earned) before the host begins to ask a new question. BTW the host was previously the host from Temptation Island. It was driving me crazy where I had seen him before.

The one guy we watched was a personal trainer and was asked (tier 2) questions like 'have you delayed having children because you feel your wife may not be the person you'll be with for life? and 'have you ever checked out another guy's junk in the shower?' and 'have you ever done anything that would give your wife reason not to trust you?' and 'Have you ever flirted with a woman over the internet?'. Those are tier 2, so I can't imagine tier 3,4 and 5 questions.

I think this guy got SCREWED. He'd been honest through 10 questions (some very uncomfortable to answer truthfully) and the question they said he lied on was 'as a personal trainer, have you ever touched a female client more than was professionally necessary'? He said he had not. There was no reason for him to lie, if you lie, everyone will know the truth anyway since it will be revealed you lied, so you might as well tell the truth and walk away afterwards if you want to quit. He answered much more difficult questions truthfully. He said he had not and the show said that was a lie.

Polygraphs aren't accepted as evidence in court for a reason. This show might be entertaining, but I don't think it's particularly fair. At least let the contestant keep the money he's earned once he completes a tier. Walking away with no money and pissing off your friends and family (and boss in the case of contestant #2 which I didn't watch) is ridiculous. I think anyone who makes it through tier 5 is getting a divorce anyway and will lose all the money to the spouse and attorneys.

The show should flop. Boring! Way too slow. It was not suspenseful, but they tried to make it seem like everyone was on the edge of their seats. The host is annoying. Decent premise, terrible execution.

Looks like a show that some pinhead in TVNZ will think is a good idea to waste money on importing... how many ways can a person humiliate themselves for greed?

Bread an circuses, people, Romes a'burnin'...

They really need to speed that show up. I had enough time to surf channels waiting for people to answer those questions.

They really need to speed that show up. I had enough time to surf channels waiting for people to answer those questions.

This is the problem with all the prime time game shows that have come out over the past several years. Just get on with the game and stop dragging out the 'suspense'. Deal or No Deal was absolutely unwatchable even with TiVo. They could have condensed an hour show down to 4 minutes and not lost a thing. I don't care about who the contestants are or what they do, I don't need to meet their families, just get on with the games already.

This is the problem with all the prime time game shows that have come out over the past several years. Just get on with the game and stop dragging out the 'suspense'. Deal or No Deal was absolutely unwatchable even with TiVo. They could have condensed an hour show down to 4 minutes and not lost a thing. I don't care about who the contestants are or what they do, I don't need to meet their families, just get on with the games already.

LOL so true. I do like deal or no deal but most of the time I just want to scream about my time they are wasting. It drives me nuts the greed I see on that show. People who turn down 250k to open just one more case. If I got up to 50k I would smack that button and walk with the free money.

LOL so true. I do like deal or no deal but most of the time I just want to scream about my time they are wasting. It drives me nuts the greed I see on that show. People who turn down 250k to open just one more case. If I got up to 50k I would smack that button and walk with the free money.

You mean it's still on? I find it amazing so many people have enough patience that ratings are high enough to keep it on the air.

Back