• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Mythical $25k NSX.

Would you sell your NSX for less than $25k?

• Yes

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 221 84.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 21 8.0%

• Total voters
Bottom line is, I decided to purchase my car over yours. There are many examples of 2002's going for around $45k. You can find every excuse in the world why NOT to buy any car. Oh the car has a scratch on the fender, or it has a little too many miles, or I don't like that owner, or whatever. The fact of the matter is, there are 2002's out there that run and look decent for $45k. Every car is going to need repairs... especially a car that is 17 years old. So what if the car is due for some maintainence. It's 17 years old. Anyone about to buy a 17 year old sports car isn't going to walk into it thinking that it's a 2006 Civic.

First it was, "Oh he can't afford a car over $45k and that's why he's saying that he won't pay over $45k for an NSX". Once that was proven incorrect, now it's, "Oh well your car is going to cost $30k in 3 years".

Well you know what. I made the decision of what car I purchased based on many many things, and this specific car won out.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe I wanted AWD? Maybe I liked the wider body style? I also liked to the GT3 body kit and my car has it. I got EXACTLY what I was looking for, which makes me happy. And unlike "some" of the people on this forum, I didn't by my car to sit around and talk about how no one has it and how it's price isn't going anywhere, bla bla bla.

Before my father died he taught me what an "investment" is and a car that you drive is no investment. You may want it to be. You may wish it to be. But it's just not. Plain and simple.

And some of you may know more about Porsche's history than I do. So what? Learning is something that you do all of your life. Over the past 6 months, I have learned more about Porsche than in the past 16 years of my life and I am still learning. Maybe I don't know about all the special models that were sold in 1990, but you know why? Because I was in middle school dodging bullets. I had a poster of a Porsche on my wall and that's it.

But that makes this experience that much more sweeter for me. Because every time I purchase a new car and move up in life, I see myself passing the assholes that love to look down on people and always think that they are better than everyone else.

All those crappy jobs I worked, when I see those people that used to be over me and treat me like shit they just look at me in disbelief. It's almost like hatred. Like they can't stand that I am in a better financial position than them now.

And I see some people on this forum in just the same light. One day, you're being called a "broke motherfucker", the next you have moved on to bigger and better things. There is no reason to put down people because they drive Civic's or Mustangs. I know that many people on this forum have a gugantic chip on thier shoulder because of their financial situation and it shows in some of your posts. But remember this. Nothing is promised to you. The same people that you are looking down today on could be your boss in 10 years. You never know. You may lose everything you have and be broke in 2 years. Anything could happen. I came from nothing and am thankful for everything that I have. I wake up everyday and ask, is this really happening to me? Is this my life? I am always fearful that everything that I have could be taken from me at a moment's notice and I could be back where I started in a blink of an eye.

But go ahead. Keep picking at me. Remind me of the things that I don't know. Find holes in my statements. I'm sure that they are there. In fact, why don't you spell check this post and tell me what I spelled wrong while you're at it. Because it seems like doing that brings some sort of joy to your life. But while you're doing that, just remember that every day that passes by, I'm passing you by. Getting better, learning more, and improving myself. I bought a car that I have always wanted to own. But if all you have is hateful statements to make about it, then make them.

Because if nobody is hating on you, then you're not doing something right.

Actualy your post reads pretty well.I got your point:wink:

Nasti, please don't tell you close to me...we have enough NSX's in Tennessee.

There are many examples of 2002's going for around $45k. ... The fact of the matter is, there are 2002's out there that run and look decent for $45k.

Nupe, I am not trying to pick on you, and I do understand many of your posts. But where are you finding "many examples of 2002's going for around $45k"??? I have been monitoring NSX prices for the past few months as I hope to purchase in the near future.

We are not trying to insult you in anyway. If you feel that way, we apologize.

Now, I personally don't think you would find $45K for yr 2002 or later model at this time. Maybe 5 or 10 years from now, or it is a salvaged title.

I don't look down on anyone unless he acts like one. If one wants to be treated with respects, then he has to treat others with respects (it is both ways). I am a doctor, I usually run my own shows and I treat my employees with respects. I don't like calling others with names ( it is childish thing).

Of course, everyone has his own preference of choosing a car . That is why there are so many different cars out there to pick and choose. Everybody would know purchasing a car is not an investment, it is a big boy toy for pleasure.

The bottom line is - buy whatever that is suitable for you and affordable. IT IS FOR A PLEASURE, NOT AN INVESTMENT.:wink:

Ok, I'm glad that I'm understood.

Now I have a quick question.

Who would let spoon do the Type R conversion to their NSX? I read about it and thought that it would be cool to find a 91 and give it to Spoon to do.

Ok, I'm glad that I'm understood.

Now I have a quick question.

Who would let spoon do the Type R conversion to their NSX? I read about it and thought that it would be cool to find a 91 and give it to Spoon to do.

The question above could easily be presented as a new thread.

This thread should be closed because it is many posts far from anything worth reading related to the "Mythical 25k NSX" instead it is "nastinupe1's 911C4 vs NSX" and soon to be: "thoughts of nastinupe1 on spoon NSX-R"

I think you are just simply addicted to this thread which you have seriously hijacked as your own and kept useless arguments alive, and you have overall lowered the quality of information that this thread started out with.

You like your 911..... we got that,
you worked for it, got that too,
Allot of us like your 911 as well, I'm a porsche fan as well.

We just like the NSX more, thus a NSXprime.com.

can the moderator please close this thread? It's long gone....

Last edited:
The question above could easily be presented as a new thread.

This thread should be closed because it is many posts far from anything worth reading related to the "Mythical 25k NSX" instead it is "nastinupe1's 911C4 vs NSX" and soon to be: "thoughts of nastinupe1 on spoon NSX-R"

I think you are just simply addicted to this thread which you have seriously hijacked as your own and kept useless arguments alive, and you have overall lowered the quality of information that this thread started out with.

You like your 911..... we got that,
you worked for it, got that too,
Allot of us like your 911 as well, I'm a porsche fan as well.

We just like the NSX more, thus a NSXprime.com.

can the moderator please close this thread? It's long gone....

I don't think the thread should be closed but it would be nice if Nupe would go Troll some where else.

:rolleyes:

Back