• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The New NSX May Be MR

Maybe FR should be called LHR, for long hood, rear wheel drive. Real MR cars should be called SHR, for short hood, rear wheel drive. Many FR cars would be considered a MR if you say the engine centerline is behind the front axles. If the full engine is behind the front axle, the hood would be extremely long or the engine is really short. I believe the correct term is front-midship.

Visually, I think many responds well to MR layout cars because the hood (front) and rear are equally distributed. The rear may actually be slightly heavier than the front by weight, but inertia already proved that it pays off to have the engine towards the rear, since most cars are driving forward 99% of the time, shifting the weight to the rear anyways. Long hood cars have their beauty and advantages, but in today's market, they are overused. Also the Z4, S2000, etc longhood style is just plain goofy looking at certain angles; no offense to those particular owners. I guess it's just not my cup of tea.

Last edited:
Honda may have put the engine behind the front axle line instead of the rear, thereby keeping the car a MR setup and maintaining it's balance.

What do you guys think about this?

Actually it's called S2000 .... it for sale NOW!
:biggrin:

latzke, when I look at your avatar, I sure wish I didn't have a front passenger airbag. You lucky dog. (^_^)

Great, now everyone is confused about long-accepted acronyms.
Maybe that's why Honda's making the new car the way it is. They thought we were asking for the engine in the front.:smile:

LOL! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Back