• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The New Project - First Public Airing!

Very impressive. A beautiful looking example of audiophile/electronic wizardry. I wish you were coming to NSXPO so I could hear it. Awesome job.

ajnsx said:
Basically what my boot install will look like....

That's a trunk for all the US-types! :D

Thanks for all your nice compliments guys.
biggthum.gif

Some recent pictures - the initial one of the screen/console is with the previous paint job. This is now with the Honda Graphite Grey.
I now understand why I've had several comments the screen looks crooked - only just figured it out today. It's really an optical illusion caused by the fact that the actual screen part of the display is not centered in the pod, and the chevron shaped trim with the word "Alpine" below it off center from the vent makes everything look "off". However if you look at the edges of the display wrt the pod & the pod is parallel to the A/C module, you will see it is all really aligned. Wierd!

5957DSC00963.JPG

5957DSC00961.JPG

Also added a new Rear-View camera - the old one was not reverse image. This one is Sharp CCD and works down to 0.5 LUX which works well in low light condition. It's also 105 deg wide angle view. And of course this one displays the correct orientation!

5957DSC00951.JPG

5957DSC00967.JPG

D'Ecosse said:
Some recent pictures - the initial one of the screen/console is with the previous paint job. This is now with the Honda Graphite Grey.
I now understand why I've had several comments the screen looks crooked - only just figured it out today. It's really an optical illusion caused by the fact that the actual screen part of the display is not centered in the pod, and the chevron shaped trim with the word "Alpine" below it off center from the vent makes everything look "off". However if you look at the edges of the display wrt the pod & the pod is parallel to the A/C module, you will see it is all really aligned. Wierd!

5957DSC00963.JPG

5957DSC00961.JPG

Also added a new Rear-View camera - the old one was not reverse image. This one is Sharp CCD and works down to 0.5 LUX which works well in low light condition. It's also 105 deg wide angle view. And of course this one displays the correct orientation!

5957DSC00951.JPG

5957DSC00967.JPG

How did you mount the pod so that it stays put????

Ken,
That really looks great!
That is one very impressive set up you have my friend.
The rear view camera is a nice touch. I am curious how well it works in lower light. Do you use it much will you drive?

Ko-nsx said:
How did you mount the pod so that it stays put????

Well the "correct" way is to screw it right into the dash (ouch!!) - there are a couple of tabs at the rear that you are supposed to screw through, then they are covered with a couple of trim pieces. However mine just sits there under its own weight and the springs that hold it against the console - doesn't really move, even under "spirited" driving.
One of these days I am going to add a bracket across the base (it's open inside the skin) and use double-sided tape or velcro to the top of the dash just to give it a little more attachment.

Sorry to get off topic on this post... but Hugh... How does the TME-M770 touch screen contol work with the Alpine DVD/NAV systems? I am considering upgrading my monitor for the new TME-M770 touch screen unit, but only if it will interface with my NAV or Alpine 6 disc DVD player as far as the touch screen controls are concerned.

Any input? Or is it just good to have for the new Alpine NAV that will be coming out? If I can control DVD functions on the touch screen, then it will be worth it for me... otherwise, I won't bother to upgrade. Please let me know, as I am sure others will want to know how it works as well.

Thanks alot,
FlightNSX...

FlightNSX said:
Sorry to get off topic on this post... but Hugh... How does the TME-M770 touch screen contol work with the Alpine DVD/NAV systems? I am considering upgrading my monitor for the new TME-M770 touch screen unit, but only if it will interface with my NAV or Alpine 6 disc DVD player as far as the touch screen controls are concerned.
FlightNSX...

Per Alpine's website

Touch Control with IVA-D300, VPE-S431, DVA-5210, DHA-S680 and TUE-T151

The unit has Remote Control output leads but they only work on non-navigation products like the DVD players and the products listed above. It has a NAV input for the video output coming from your NAV unit but it doesn't allow for touchscreen control of the NAV system. Kinda silly how it doesn't do touchscreen NAV IMO. They are a bit behind in the NAV department, even the 852A unit doesn't have the Control In but it does have two curious expansion ports which may be for touchscreen someday...

FlightNSX said:
Sorry to get off topic on this post... but Hugh... How does the TME-M770 touch screen contol work with the Alpine DVD/NAV systems?

Any input? Or is it just good to have for the new Alpine NAV that will be coming out?

Right now there is no compatible Alpine Nav system for the touch screen monitor but that will change sometime soon I am told. As Malibu listed in the previous post only the products listed have touch screen compatibility.

Personally I didn't buy it for the touch screen features. The 760 was discontinued and I got the 770 for the same price.

Ken,

Your project is outstanding! I am jealous because I am just getting started on mine. Did you have much install experience prior to this project? If you want to get some more practice, we can trade cars and you can do it all over again to mine! :biggrin: LOL

Nate in DC

D'Ecosse said:
Fabricated it myself

Priceless!!!!!!

(Stay tuned for something coming to market very soon in a production version from a renowned NSX vendor)

Please let me know on the when, where, and how much? Thanks! :)

Looks awesome, Hopefully when I attempt to install my pod it looks as good as yours.

I have the Alpine TME-M750 but I have alot of room on the sides of the Nav pod how can I make this monitor fit or will I be forced to get the TME-M760? Any suggestions its also a 6.5" screen but the buttons ont he side are actually below so I guess thats where I loose some width

Back