• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Official 2013 F1 Thread...

Red Bull created a monster in Vettle and Horner had no balls to call him off. I think most if not all the sr. management in Red Bull are German? and Horner is not.
Ross Brawn had the balls and Nico complied even he was quicker than the Hamster.
Not saying Vettle doesn't deserve to be a world champ....just saying....who is running the show?

I'm being a little lazy but does anyone know why kimi was penalized grid positions,and also why did Mclaren end JB's race with one lap to go?

thanks.But JB was stuck in the pits with his wheel wobling and had to be pushed back to refit and his race was screwed ,but they let him go back out and he was running ok, so my question is why on the last lap did he need to be called back?

^ Not finishing the race offers some interesting (penalty-free) options for China.

gotcha.....thats what i was guessing as well

Are those options only available on the next race?

Yes. When there are mechanical issues, the rules allow for certain changes to be made to the car for the following weekend without incurring penalties.

Yeah, totally cool video!

Thanks!

Well looks like that Webber has had enough. Exert from a Australian paper that quotes a German paper:

Fresh from the controversy of the Malaysian Grand Prix, German daily newspaper Bild is reporting Mark Webber is in discussions with Porsche to spearhead the German marque’s return to Le Mans in 2014. <o:p></o:p>Webber, an unabashed Porsche fanboy, has had his F1 future thrown into the air following the scandalous end to the Malaysian Grand prix where teammate Sebastian Vettel flagrantly ignored team orders to overtake Webber in the closing stages of the race. With the relationship between the two Red Bull drivers seemingly untenable, one is set for the exit door with both drivers linked to various seats in motorsport. <o:p></o:p>
Porsche is the most successful car manufacturer in Le Mans history, winning the event a record 16 times. The Stuttgart squad’s most recent victory came in 1998, but has promised a fully-fledged effort to win the 2014 event with its brand new LMP1 sportscar. <o:p></o:p>
Webber’s last visit to Le Mans featured the infamous Mercedes CLR, which flipped twice during the race weekend, temporarily halting his love affair with the French circuit. <o:p></o:p>
Kimi Raikkonen has been linked to a seat at Red Bull, with the fizzy drink’s boss Dietrich Mateschitz saying, “Kimi is cool and fast and always a candidate”.

I don't think Webber would leave F1 because of this. If he does then he's using it as his breaking straw or an excuse to cleanly leave the sport. If anything I would think he'd switch teams at the end of this year. But who knows, it's not confirmed yet and this was just an article?

Hope you all enjoy this one too I found. Not sure if I've posted it here or not but it's worth a second look.

Not really surprising, I actually respect his honesty! If anyone thinks that any World Champion would think very differently from this, you're very much mistaken. About the only World Champion who might think differently would be Jenson Button. It's a cut throat business, and you have to be especially ruthless to get to the top step.

I'm a Webber fan [ for those that didn't already know :D ] the only thing that disappoints is that Webber didn't get a proper chance to defend his position. I think it was that that disappointed Webber the most as well, as I think he would not be surprised that Vettel actually tried it.

Hey Jack, how you doin'?

Where is Ted?
Still owe you a steak dinner, right?

I'm not here much because I have nothing new to say. Y'all go tired of hearing, and I got tired of voicing my observations on the tire circus and my opinion that tires should not control the series. The RB drama is all fun and games of course, but at the end of the day; like today's Q session, there's not much to talk about besides the tire strategy. If the tire circus is such a good idea, maybe the baseball should be shaped more like a football and the baseketball hoop should be a different height for each possession.

OK, now that we're all tired of that again, maybe I'll go to Off Topic and talk about TV viewers influencing the Masters' by telling the Rules committee what they should be seeing and doing. :rolleyes: Oh wait, that's not different, just more artificial drama. I'm going to go over here and bang my head on the wall and try to love "modern sports". :biggrin: :biggrin:

See ya.

Back