• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The po-po is coming after YOU!

Don't know if this is legit or not but I just got this e-mail:

California Highway Patrol will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy in South Orange County starting January 25, 2006. The state estimates that 22 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 3 million will go to pay California Highway Patrol officer overtime. There will be 90 California Highway Patrol officers on duty at all times patrolling the 7 freeways.

They are the following: 73, 55, 133, 241, 57, 5, 605 freeways

Now 7 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every California Highway Patrol officers is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes. They have issued 50 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and they are bringing all their part timers on full time. If you live or work in South Orange County you must take one of their freeways. It's up to you how fast you are doing when they do. This is a test by the CHP to raise the extra funds for the State of California. The California State Legislators dreamed up this law to help close the budget gap or something like that. I was told KICU-FM confirmed all of this. So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on you.

Sounds bogus but hey, you never know.

Man I wouldnt put this pass them. :cool: They need to find other ways to make money.

Joel said:
Don't know if this is legit or not but I just got this e-mail:

California Highway Patrol will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy in South Orange County starting January 25, 2006. The state estimates that 22 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 3 million will go to pay California Highway Patrol officer overtime. There will be 90 California Highway Patrol officers on duty at all times patrolling the 7 freeways.

They are the following: 73, 55, 133, 241, 57, 5, 605 freeways

Now 7 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every California Highway Patrol officers is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes. They have issued 50 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and they are bringing all their part timers on full time. If you live or work in South Orange County you must take one of their freeways. It's up to you how fast you are doing when they do. This is a test by the CHP to raise the extra funds for the State of California. The California State Legislators dreamed up this law to help close the budget gap or something like that. I was told KICU-FM confirmed all of this. So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on you.

Sounds bogus but hey, you never know.

KICU-FM (an Idaho radio station) confirming a local OC news? I don't think so. This thing screams hoax.

I heard this same thing last year.

When I get e-mails like this, I always go to Snopes to debunk it. Obviously Malibu Rapper knows the drill!

Joel said:
Now 7 mph above the limit can justify a ticket
Actually, 1 mile over the legal speed limit constitutes an infraction. Whether it is "Prima Facia" or exceeding the posted "Maximum". Will you get ticketed - probably not, but legally you could!

Just don't exceed the speed limit and you'll have no worries. :biggrin:

I believe this to be true though, because my dad actually told me about it a few days ago because he was telling me to watch out within the next month. He doesnt use the computer so it wasnt an email, so i believe he heard it on the news. I dont know, either way i dont wanna get pulled over so discretion is advised :smile:

hoax

ss_md said:
Actually, 1 mile over the legal speed limit constitutes an infraction. Whether it is "Prima Facia" or exceeding the posted "Maximum". Will you get ticketed - probably not, but legally you could!

Just don't exceed the speed limit and you'll have no worries. :biggrin:

But I never go over the speed limit, I swear. :redface:;)

Joel said:
.....every California Highway Patrol officer is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes.

Duh.
Since when does a traffic stop take less than 10mins.

And tell the officers they will be fired if they don't.
It would be funny to watch the chaos that would ensue, from above in a copter.

Back