• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The real $13,000 NSX, or how I lost my baby . . .

As some of you know, I crashed my NSX at Road America at the end of September.

The car got loose coming out of Turn 8 and spun into the infield wall before the carousel. There were no injuries, other than pride and ego.

It is now for sale on Prime:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61687

I replaced my 2004 TL with a 2003 M3. I like to think of the M3 as the closest thing to the NSX with a trunk and a back seat.

I will get another NSX. Once you take a hit of the go-fast crack pipe, you can never put it down.

OUCH, sorry to hear about the bad news!

Nice to hear (or at least assume) that you came out unscathed at the very least. I hope things get sorted out and you get back in the saddle soon.

Wow! I'm stunned. You know... I think the other silver NSX from Kenric's garage was totalled in a road coarse as well, same type of incident. I think it might have been Road America as well... :eek:

So sad... My Sebring Silver is the last of the 3 in that garage.:mad:

valenzul said:
Wow! I'm stunned. You know... I think the other silver NSX from Kenric's garage was totalled in a road coarse as well, same type of incident. I think it might have been Road America as well... :eek:

So sad... My Sebring Silver is the last of the 3 in that garage.:mad:

Tell me about it. I am heartbroken over that car.

If I only we could turn back the clock . . .

kenric_garage.bmp

Sorry for your Loss. I saw that you had the car for sale and read the details of the damage:frown:

Hey Ryan,
I just got my Badger Bimmer Dec issue and I see your mug in it running for Board Member. All I can say is my vote can be bought PM me with offers. :biggrin:

Ryan,

I'm very sorry to learn about your car. :frown: :frown: I'm glad to know that neither you or anyone else sustained any injury. I bet the harness bar came in handy, right?!

Anyway, all the best. I'm sure you'll enjoy the M3. A friend here at work has a black '03 and it's a screamer.

Best regards,
Sean

Q said:
Ryan,

I'm very sorry to learn about your car. :frown: :frown: I'm glad to know that neither you or anyone else sustained any injury. I bet the harness bar came in handy, right?!

Anyway, all the best. I'm sure you'll enjoy the M3. A friend here at work has a black '03 and it's a screamer.

Best regards,
Sean

The harness bar and Simpson five points worked beautifully. Without them, I would have been thrown against the side of the car and likely would have sustained some injury. I have little or no desire to ride or drive on a track without them.

The M3 is a lot of fun, but its no NSX. I will be back.

brahtw8 said:
The harness bar and Simpson five points worked beautifully. Without them, I would have been thrown against the side of the car and likely would have sustained some injury. I have little or no desire to ride or drive on a track without them.

The M3 is a lot of fun, but its no NSX. I will be back.

Found these Ryan...the good old days in 03.

Last edited:
RP-Motorsports said:
There was a silver NSX that hit the EXACT same spot as Ryan, a couple years earlier, and suffered almost the EXACT same damage. I have pics of it that was under wraps from previous owner, but it may be ok to post now, I will look for them.

Yup, that was Andy's... I told him about what happened to Ryan's NSX and he said it was on the exact same turn. Ryan, I have the video of it (87mb) if you'd like to see it. He hit exactly perpendicular to the wall.

I'll try to find some pics of it.

Val, don't take your NSX to Road America... is the only one left out of the three! :biggrin:

Don't worry, no track for me... I have slowed down since Evan was born.
Kenric. another is on the way... so.... got to be a good daddy.:wink:

-Val

Ag NSX said:
Yup, that was Andy's... I told him about what happened to Ryan's NSX and he said it was on the exact same turn. Ryan, I have the video of it (87mb) if you'd like to see it. He hit exactly perpendicular to the wall.

I'll try to find some pics of it.

Val, don't take your NSX to Road America... is the only one left out of the three! :biggrin:

Back