• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The "TCS Off" light does NOT come on when the TCS switch is depressed.

Need some help with figuring out what the problem is. The "TCS Off" light does not come on when the TCS switch is depressed. I've checked the fuse and they looked fine. The traction control is working fine because the green TCS light comes on from time to time. I just don't know how to turn it off.

Any suggestion on what the problem may be? Is there a way to get around this?

Thanks!

Same issue here.
Traction control indicator is fine. But I cannot seem to toggle it on/off with the dash switch. Im afraid I have a bad controller? I cannot find the controller pin diagram in the eletrical section of service manual to check for voltage either. What am I missing?

:confused:

Need some help with figuring out what the problem is. The "TCS Off" light does not come on when the TCS switch is depressed. I've checked the fuse and they looked fine. The traction control is working fine because the green TCS light comes on from time to time. I just don't know how to turn it off.

Any suggestion on what the problem may be? Is there a way to get around this?

Thanks!

Did you drive the car when depressing the TCS switch?

If the engine revs more than 2800 rpm you can not turn the TCS off.

Another way to turn off the TCS is to drive with the hand brake on with two clicks for 30 seconds. This will also turn off your ABS.

Reviving an old thread here because I've just run into the same problem and can't find the answer: TCS button doesn't seem to toggle anything anymore, so traction control is "on" all the time. Found this out today when I went for a smog check and the tester couldn't get the rear wheels moving too much since the fronts are stationary - which triggers the TCS. Problem is, the switch isn't disengaging TCS, nor is the TCS-off light showing up on the dash. What to do?

Check to see if the switch is pluged in. It's just a momontary contact and the light on the switch is controled by the TCS computer.

What do I have to take apart to check if the switch is plugged in? Thanks.

Back